Dawn report for thursday....

AtomicSkier

I was the first chair up again on another steezy day at Booter Mountain. Challenge was closed first thing because they blew a CRAPload of snow on it. Razors had a fresh dusting courtesy of the Booter Mtn Snomakers. It was beautiful. I was on my slalom skis so it was turn turn turn all morning. Met up with homeboy bigdaddyk after a few runs and we skied the rest of the morning together. Everything was perfect. Paradise, Razors, Lazy, Switchback, and Mainstreet all had that grippyashell smooth blown snow that was just so nice to ski on. After about 16 runs I see this guy looking at me intently and I was like wtf? So my next run down I see this guy pacing me on home stretch...i was like wtf...so he asks me in the liftline where he can get a PASR sticker, and i was like "who the hell are you?!" I thought it was FGT at first, but turns it out with was Craig, the marketing director at Camelback getting away from the hill and skiing a real mountain. I skied the remainder of the morning with him and bigdaddy. Let me tell you, Craig is an EXPERT on lifts. He knows everything! He's a real good guy, and it's nice to know that Camelback's marketing director, unlike the previous one, LOVES to ski and can rip! We toured around the mountain doing everything. Craig really liked switchback, as he was doing super-g turns like I do on it haha. It felt like the middle of the winter, that's how good the conditions were, and that's how cold it was in the morning. But by 12 it was sunny and warm and I had to head to work.

I'd say conditions were the best they've been all season. The snow was my kind of snow to just RIP on.

Like Jeff said, it was a sweet morning. We joked around with Craig a little and it was nice to meet him. Craig and I did a few more runs, after Jeff left, and did a run down raceway, from the double chair. Jeff also had somebody try to explain smart style to him, in the lift line, after a brief encounter on the hill :rofl . It also warmed up quickly. I started with a facemask, but kept it on because I was already acclimated to it.

... Maybe Blue will hire him. ...

If they do, it sounds like you could also have a reporting job :lol: .

Edited by bigdaddyk

Oh man...I guess I'm going to have to go skiing when I get released from work. It was cool that Craig was checking out Blue. Maybe Blue will hire him. Today, tomorrow, and early Saturday morning looks like the last of the winter-time conditions...then corn, applesauce, and sweet and low...

The cold will be back after next week. Around the 17th-18th, the cold should be back. Not as intense, but not warm for sure. :wiggle

yea...some idiot clipped me on razors (a trail whore) which forced me to clip someone else. I saw that guy in the liftline and i said "im sorry, some other guy knocked into me" and he didnt want to hear it "you have no business going that fast" and he was shaking his head, so i said "i tried to say im sorry, so f*ck you"

somethings are just mistakes, but some people think they're entitled to something.

new park setup doesnt really suck. just kind of a dissapointment. taking out two really good features for the rail jam.

BUT other than those two features the park is in prime condition right now. setups are perfect with the exception of the double barrel which has a somewhat slanted lip. still great though. urban flat bar was fantastic.

the jumps got a pretty nice makeover with bigger takeoffs. the second one isnt the sex anymore but still good. the last one has a lip for a 60+ foot jump but is only setup for like a 40 footer haha. they built up the landing on the last one which made it longer by about 5 feet. its a really smooth jump now with a little less risk of casing/overshooting, more of a sweetspot now.

swingset is a little less huge as well considering how much snow they built up.

top set of rails - butter boxes gone. so the staircase is alone with the flat down box off to the left.

definitely a good day.

oh, power outage again i guess. the transformer up by the quad was shooting sparks. challenge was without lights.