Petition

Freerider

Just to clarify our policy, Bear Creek does provide one complimentary "forgotten pass" per season. After that, guests must either buy a replacement pass for $25 or purchase a lift ticket for the day. To receive the "forgotten pass" ticket, you just have to go to Guest Services and give your name. However, in order to keep pass holders from giving these tickets to their friend, we do require that they clip it on their jacket at the Guest Services desk.

Yea there has to be some sort of penalty or people will scam it. At mountain creek they don't scan passes but they charge for a replacement if you lost lost it, and I dont know what the policy is if you just forgot it at home - i keep mine attached to my pants and my pants are the only piece of gear i have just one of so its impossible for me to snowboard without bringing it. Season pass restrictions are a fine line because on one hand you want to keep your core customers happy but on the other hand you have to prevent people from beating the system and losing money.

I see a major loophole there...

#1. John gives his buddy Jim his season pass at 7:30AM...

#2. Jim is scanned in at 7:31AM

#3. At 8:00AM John shows up at the ticket office and says he forgot his pass...John is issued a pass and his season pass is diabled.

#4. At 8:10AM..John and Jim are skiing together...they laugh because they outsmarted Booter mountain..

a totally made up situation but could this scenerio be possible????

Only problem is Jimmy goes to Sno and Johnny goes to Elk....or is it the other way around :confused

Edited by bigdaddyk

I see a major loophole there...

#1. John gives his buddy Jim his season pass at 7:30AM...

#2. Jim is scanned in at 7:31AM

#3. At 8:00AM John shows up at the ticket office and says he forgot his pass...John is issued a pass and his season pass is diabled.

#4. At 8:10AM..John and Jim are skiing together...they laugh because they outsmarted Booter mountain..

a totally made up situation but could this scenerio be possible????

As soon as the season pass is scanned your not getting a free daily replacement. They already thought of that.

I agree with freerider...they make you pay so much moeny for a season pass then if you forget it they try to charge you more? I know people might try to scam it and thats y they only have one comlimentary pass, but there atleast should be three then you should have to pay

If you are dumb enough to forget your pass three times I don't know how you could hold down a job to be able to even afford a pass in the first place.

If you are dumb enough to forget your pass three times I don't know how you could hold down a job to be able to even afford a pass in the first place.

its not a matter of being dumb...its a matter of just rushing and forgeting your pass but good try burton17...and also most people would think how could you forget tour pass 3 times so then it would be your fault and bear wouldnt have to make up for it

p.s. burton you make three sound like such a big number,,3 times is nothing with you go 5 times a week every week

its not a matter of being dumb...its a matter of just rushing and forgeting your pass but good try burton17...and also most people would think how could you forget tour pass 3 times so then it would be your fault and bear wouldnt have to make up for it
Why draw the line at 3? Why not have it be unlimited then? Hell don't even worry about bringing your pass and ride on the honor system. The lift workers will just ask if you have a season pass and people can say "Yeah, but I forgot it at home." "Oh hey thats ok go on up!"

p.s. burton you make three sound like such a big number,,3 times is nothing with you go 5 times a week every week
3 is a big number. If you can't remember after forgetting one time then you have bigger problems.

Couldn't you show your ID and have them "activate" your season pass for that day, charge you a small free to print you a temp one and make you check back in when you leave to return the temp tag? When I worked in a big, high security corporate building back in the day that's what they did when you forgot your security badge. Oh, and if you forgot to return the temp badge they charged you a hefty penalty fee and if you got too many they canned you.