Open Tonight

Ski

I just got back.

I took one run and then sat in the lodge and then noticed I don't have a ride home,then my friend was leaving so I had to take the ride or else I would have been camping up there.

But the conditions were good.

Well, Rt. 81 sucked, but not as bad as Valentine's Day...I pulled into the lot around 7:30pm and there were a few dozen cars and about a foot of snow in the mostly unplowed lot. I guess the big RV right by the Phoebe Snow had something to do with tomorrow's comp. There was easily a foot of snow that had been pretty tracked out on Boomer, but you could still find untouched lines down the sides. Cannonball was actually a little better and by 8pm it was snowing and blowing so hard, that tracks were getting filled in. The most interesting run was when I went up the Iron Horse lift to make my way up and around the top of Long Haul to Upper Fast Track. There was so much deep snow that you couldn't pole or skate---you had to duck walk. It took at least five minutes to get from the lift to Upper FT. Then, it was so deep on the flat run-in that I had to pole all the way to first little headwall. But down from there was pretty cool...you had to sit back a little to keep your tips up and ride your tails a little. But the best part was the steep headwall on Lower Fast Track. Half the slope was an untouched foot of light powder. I finished with a few more Cannonball laps.

Okay, guys, that was interesting---now go groom the hell out of it. Powder is fun for a change, but I'll take an icy hardpack any day.

Yeah, it's supposed to hang on here in the NE Poconos until about 2am, then lighten up. This entire storm has been fluffy poe...I cleared our deck with a broom, then shoveled our driveway in about five minutes.

This snow will make it hard for them to shut the lifts down on 4/1...there's going to be so much freaking snow in parking lots and everywhere else. Should be a good turnout this wekeend and next.

This snow sucked.

It didn't move at all.I rode my neighborhood tonight with lineskier99 or whatever his name is and he pulled me on his quad and we built a jump with a few friends and we couldn't get it packed,we we hit it until we died then rode around some more then went home.

I hope the snow is soft tomorrow for the comp.And hopefully the snow isn't slow but im going to wax my skis anyways just incase.