BB Report 3-22

I got there at 3:00.. then got my lift ticket and kindly asked the lady if Big Boulder will be open next week during the week. The answer is NO, after this weekend it will be WEEKENDS ONLY! So i went back suited up and took the widow lift. There is soo much snow its rediculous! On the other hand it is so wet and slow that I could not make it down bunny schuss without stopping and having to duckwalk or even unstap to get across the tiny flats.

As for Boulder Park.. it is Rebuilt and does have a new look. However there is no way with this snow you can get enough speed for the Down Flat Down. Which is at the top of the trail but set further up then before. After that there is a down handrail and a down flat rail option. Both options are set up good and you are able to get speed easily. Next is a 20ft-30ft jump option (where the channel gap was) I would bomb from the top of the trail and not hit anything to get speed for the jump and could not clear the 30ft hit. After that is a 20-30-40ft option jump. This jump you can get speed for all three hits but once you try to spin your edges sink in hardcore and kill the take off. The last jump is the same and almost impossible to clear i bet right now. They put the A-Fram rail where the upslope box was, in my opinion the nicest feature set up today. As for the hikable park.. unless you bomb from the bottom of boulder park and fly to the hikable park.. you will not have enough speed for anything!

Overall i stayed for about an hour.. it was horrible, the snow was so slow i couldnt enjoy anything due to the fact i could barely make it down the mountain without having to walk.

Edited by brtndominant

so what the hell happened at boulder? i thought they were rebuilding the parks? now they only have one? and how is speed an issue on a trail as steep as boulder?

the snow was just so slow.. doesnt help that i probably need to wax my board.. but anywho i would bomb the first jump from the top of the trail and wouldnt be able to clear it, i knuckled everytime. As i said before the second jump option you can get plenty of speed but the last jump you can clear the 40ft hit but i doubt the 60 it was just so slow today.. i could barely make it down Bunny Schuss, i had to unstrap and push over the smallest little bumps (or just hop/duck walk)

EDIT: they were only rebuilding Boulder Park.. not the others

Edited by brtndominant

I got there at 3:00.. then got my lift ticket and kindly asked the lady if Big Boulder will be open next week during the week. The answer is NO, after this weekend it will be WEEKENDS ONLY!

thats the last thing i wanted to hear haha. im so stressed out wondering if ill get one more day in next tuesday or wednesday.

its supposed to get colder first week of april so maybe the snow will firm up. it was pretty slushy at bear on tuesday, i was having trouble clearing the bottom kicker in the tubing park(not the huge one).

the snow was just so slow.. doesnt help that i probably need to wax my board.. but anywho i would bomb the first jump from the top of the trail and wouldnt be able to clear it, i knuckled everytime. As i said before the second jump option you can get plenty of speed but the last jump you can clear the 40ft hit but i doubt the 60 it was just so slow today.. i could barely make it down Bunny Schuss, i had to unstrap and push over the smallest little bumps (or just hop/duck walk)

EDIT: they were only rebuilding Boulder Park.. not the others

Yea man try getting slush/warm temperature specific wax. With the right wax you can go nearly the same speed as midwinter on that kind of stuff - but with the wrong wax or no wax you aren't going anywhere. A course stone grind on the board helps too but if you don't even have slush wax you won't feel any differance there.

i was there yesterday, it was pretty sweet. at first it was sooo slow but once it began to rain it was faster, it wasnt bad in the rain but i got hot and took my jacket off i got pretty soaked. i spent the whole time on the hikeable park then took a few runs on boulder

Edited by KyleL

Are the flat boxes that were over on freedom done for the season? Are they on boulder park or somewhere on that side?

im sure they are gonna put more flat boxes up... bunnys is supposed to be mostly rail park and drauf is gonna be like a jump line with a rail or so, and they are suposed to throw some in snowdrift..

im sure they are gonna put more flat boxes up... bunnys is supposed to be mostly rail park and drauf is gonna be like a jump line with a rail or so, and they are suposed to throw some in snowdrift..

is bunny's going to be the whole trail covered in rails? cuz if it was that would be pretty sick.

is bunny's going to be the whole trail covered in rails? cuz if it was that would be pretty sick.

they are adding rail features daily when they have time ( according to park crew ) they are doing like a 5 park for 25 bucks.. BB, drauf, bunny, snowdrift, plaza

Edited by Jar3d

Does anyone know if there will be a BBQ on the deck tomarrow? It says on their site they are closing the main lodge and having a BBQ on the deck for the weekends, but does that apply to this one?

big boulder park lodge will be open and they got a huge portable bbq setup on the deck..