neveplast

lumilautailija

the only reason you cant groom over snow flex is because it would smash the pipes or whatevers under it to let the water run down so unless this stuff has a different irrigation system,of whatever i dont think you would be able to groom over it

ummmm....

All this looks like are those plastic bristle things they've been using for, well, several decades now. Although the quality looks a little better I'd still be afraid of some serious rug-burn type deals if I fell on that. Not to say I wouldnt use it because I'll take what I can get in the off-season.

Anyway. Yes I would think you can groom over this stuff, or just take it down before they make snow, which is probably the most logical choice I can think of.

i don't get y they don't get it! I kno people would come in from Ny n Nj n all over Pa.. I don't think they will make dat much money on it but they would deff make a lil! i think that is a better idea to get dat snowflex/ w/e it's calld then to be spending millions to redo da snowmaking system every 3 years... even if they only tried it for like a year n just put it on da bunny hill... to c if they even made money! atleast then they could make a good decision if they should get it

People would really come from all over PA to ride a little patch of plastic?

It would be fun if they did it but it'd be a better idea to get a bunch of people together and order or build something yourselves.

People would definitely come from all over to ride. I know kids that line the trunks of their shitty cars w/ plastic bags just so they can try to fill them with ice from skating rinks to hit a handrail. Having this as an option during the summer would be sick.

it's possible lay down the Neveplast and groom over it, but it's absolutely necessary at least 20 cm (approx. 8 inches) of snow over the plastic, to not damage it with blades and cutters.

Neveplast NP30 is really easy to move, because it's fixed to the ground with screws.

There are 2 permanent Neveplast resorts in Italy, in Bergamo (North Italy) and in Catania (South Italy).

thats what the lady who works there said. She also could get a price range but I didnt know how much bear creek would even think about getting

Edited by lumilautailija

I could definately see neveplast working if it was incorporated into an area with an existing summer operation. Nothing big, but there were some rails next to water slides, i think its safe to assume that they would get their fair share of action.

Maybe we should tell the Sno guys about this. If they made a small hikeable park in one of the teaching areas that flank the last part of mainline/highball that would be perfect.

Is neveplast alot slower that snow? Would you need a steeper pitch to get speed? It would be cool if it wasn't just for jibbers but for all skiers and riders..

i dont think so. i picked up quite alot of speed on a 10 foot stretch of wet astro turf on a fairly flat surface, and me gut tells me that neverplast is faster then that.

edit: while i dont consider myself a "jibber" i will ride rails and boxes if its the only thing around to ride. after all im a snowboarder, and how i ride doesnt really matter to me. as long as im riding. maybe you should get some twin tips and give it a try.

Edited by collective addiction

What steps have you been hitting..I love skiing down steps..I wonder how crispy the ones in fron of the Phully Art museum would be..lol

The ones off my front porch because they're the only ones around. They're wooden and narrow and my girlfriend had to take out a nice splinter the other day (thank god she wants to be a doctor).

I got my hands on these white coated boards used for papermaking. Hopefully they'll prove slippery enough to slide around on and once I get new plexi on my box I'll have a nice little jib setup for the summer.