what im doing with leftovers....

splooshie

each section is 5 ft long, so 15'

what do you guys think??

good for switchups :dance:

I think you're gonna need to be able to do some damn quick switchups. Fifteen feet may seem a little long when you're sitting at your computer, but you'll hit that rail once and wish it was twice as long. In my opinion if you're building a short feature like that you'll get more out of a simpler design like a double coping flat rail.

I think you're gonna need to be able to do some damn quick switchups. Fifteen feet may seem a little long when you're sitting at your computer, but you'll hit that rail once and wish it was twice as long. In my opinion if you're building a short feature like that you'll get more out of a simpler design like a double coping flat rail.

15 feet is actually really long.... my 16 foot flat box is plenty long... and i could get a good 2-3 switchups on it if i was having a good day....

edit: hey 500th post....

Edited by splooshie

i can tell you dont have a knowlege of building features.......coping isnt needed.

umm ok. ask anybody who has riden my stuff, who makes the sickest jibs, and youll get one ansure MATT STUNT!!!

and if you had any knowledge of building jibs yourself you wouldnt be waisting your time with a 15 ft FDF with 5 foot sections. anybody who knows a thing or two about jibs will tell you that 5 foot sections are wat too short and your just waisting your time.

you asked for peoples input so dont tell them their wrong when they give it to you!!

ok. just wanted to say sorry for being such a bitch to you guys about this, and that i found something out. i actually have enough left over to make a 24 foot long rail, which i would assume is PLENTY long, considering the box i made is real long. thanks for the input, and sorry matt-stunt didnt know you were a feature builder yourself. but im STILL not putting coping on........i really dont think i need it.

24 feet is much better. i'd assume 8 foot sections? i'd put coping on it, even if it is just pvc. any sort of flat sheeting material will get eaten up, a la the tiger box at bear a few years back. they made a 20 foot flatbox with just plastic sheeting, no coping, and by the end of the first weekend the thing was out, people were ripping edges out on screws cause the topsheet got worn away so fast. pvc is cheap and really easy to work with, so i'd recommend at least using pvc coping.