Sno! GET YOUR Ass in gear! lol

Mike Piccoletti

If Sno opened now they would have about 15 lawsuits from people falling into the lazy river, 10 lawsuits from people getting hurt trying to jib the various bulldozers, and 5 lawsuits from people falling in giant holes here and there. It seems as though they always wait until the last minute, for everything. They make it the plan to wait until the last minute to get things ready, then something unexpected happens and there we are sitting on our asses again until the middle of January.

I would think that they could blow on NF, since it is sheltered and the snow would keep, or is that were all the construction stuff is?

I was walking around at Sno this Saturday. Looks like a lot of the construction/destruction is taking place from the "Spike" over to "Highball"...

Lot of work being done close to the lodge (water park stuff). I posted pictures on another thread ("trees being cut").

I would think that they could blow on NF, since it is sheltered and the snow would keep, or is that were all the construction stuff is?

The temps between the NF and the top of the mountain are probally a couple degrees different. So its hard to blow down there, on nights when its close to blowing temps.

The temps between the NF and the top of the mountain are probally a couple degrees different. So its hard to blow down there, on nights when its close to blowing temps.

This time of the year, colder air seems to settle in the valleys, so I would think the NF would be a little colder than the top of the mountain. I could be wrong though, since I was never there, preseason.

This time of the year, colder air seems to settle in the valleys, so I would think the NF would be a little colder than the top of the mountain. I could be wrong though, since I was never there, preseason.

Mostly I'd guess it's the typical winter inversion. On clear cold nights, the ground and air around it cools, with heat radiating upward, so the hill tops are warmer than valleys. Since it's clear about three out of four winter nights on average, then the NF would be colder than the summit about 75% of the time. Because of wind speeds, the wind chill just makes it almost always feel colder up top.

Humidities, though, would probably tend to be slightly higher at the base of the Phoebe lift, so that would have to factor into where they could blow first.