Make me wrong!

Finndog

What is vitriole??? Is that like Vegemite??? Soft snow is over-rated...it's nice on the steeps in VT and out west..but here in PA hard snow is better because you get more speed..lol//

why bother to go to J-hole then? Just stay here and ski on icy crap, let someone else who can ski go in your place :)

• 2 weeks later...
Finn, if you're gonna bash Pocono skiing with fancy words, at least spell them right.
Actually its "spell them correctly" What did I spell incorrectly in that sentence? Please note, its not all Poconos, just blue for the most part. I really enjoyed myself at BB on Sunday and I think Elk is fantastic.
Haha..I like hard snow and soft snow..but unfortunately..except for the Poe days and the springlike days..the snow at Blue is closer to the hard snow...so why not go skiing with a good attitude instead of bitching and moaning about the snowcone slopes, death cookies, and inferior grooming. Be happy to be able to ski so close to home. The few powder days I've had at Blue have been great but the lack of pitch kind of stinks if the snow is deeper than 8 inches..That's why I need to get me a pair of dem dere Pontoons...lol..As for Jackson Hole..when I was there last year..there was more hardpack than soft snow and I had a blast. I go to Jackson Hole for the terrain, not the snow. I've never been a powder snob. I'll take what I can get. Whether it's untracked Poe..or icey snow..I'm going to have a blast...
now that's classic, please list the days that blue had 8" of pow? that's too funny. I have a great attitude. Unlike some who are happy to muddle in mediocracy, I have never settled when I don't need to, but that's just me, I never settle for less. The budweiser avatar is perfect. A mediocre, drab, boring, poorly crafted, mass produced swill. Edited by Finndog

Unlike some who are happy to muddle in mediocracy, I have never settled when I don't need to, but that's just me, I never settle for less. The budweiser avatar is perfect. A mediocre, drab, boring, poorly crafted, mass produced swill.

IDK, Finn, have you ever skied with Doug? Take a few runs with him and you'd end up with a whole lot of respect. The insane amount of time he spends on crappy conditions has made him one of the best skiers I've ever known...

I mean, do you want to be a great skier? There's a lot of hard work behind it. It's not just showing up at Okemo after a six inch snowfall. Race kids become great skiers from skiing one ski drills...and here's their real secret: the one's that become great, enjoy the challenge of the drills. What's a pain in the ass to you (the lousy Pocono conditions) ends up separating you from people like Doug.

But the good news is that it's never too late. Embrace the ice, Finn. Embrace the Blue ice.

Not if you're just using slang, Finn. Otherwise, it sounds like a pompous asshole. Right?

oh, I get it, so if I sound illiterate, then I'm cool? If I am educated I'm pompous? :banghead

You must be so cool!

home work assignment: define the string of logic in the above statement; you are going to have to look this up. I put the key words in bold. This is how you build arguments and thesis statements.

PS, you guys are such suckers, Doug's fine, but he needs to drink better beer! Really

Edited by Finndog

Actually you just misspelled vitriol. I'm guessing you felt insecure when this was pointed out and felt the need to retaliate. Whatever.

I think if you come on this site to bag on people who go out and get it, even if "it' isn't 100% killer conditions you're wasting your time and energy. We don't ski/ride because its glamorous, or because every day will be epic. We do find it fun, and you better believe on the epic days we will be better off for it.

Edited by Glenn