Crowded?

nick malozzi

Well, the CB live cam at 4pm on Saturday looked a little like Woodstock II. I went to Montage at 7pm and kept skiing right up to the lift. It had been incredibly busy earlier, though, since some cars were parked in places that had never seen a car before. I may head to Jack Frost in the morning to watch a little of Skidude's race, but those narrow runs don't hold crowds at all. Tuesday should be a good day to ski...

Well, I must admit that i was crazy enough to head up there yesterday (Saturday). The good news is that the conditions were excellent...maybe best I've seen them this year. And I also had a chance to play in Rhodo for a while...lots of fun. Also, the once-a-year skiers/boarders don't like to get their asses out of bed too early, so from 8:00 to 10:00 there were no problems at all. The chaos first lasted from 10 to 12 (lunchtime), but was only evident at the lift lines...loooong - the trails were actually fairly empty (seemed like the lifts were stopping every minute or two - even the singles lines were backed up way past the "singles this line" signs at the quads). Calmed down a bit from 12 to 1, but then utter chaos broke out from 1 on....long lift lines, social conventions at the top of the lifts, bloodbaths on any type of turn on the trails.

Actually, any blue, double-blue or black was fine and conditions were still good that late in the day, but the lift lines were so long, I just had to head home.

atomic, I was at blue yesterday from 8am to 5pm. wasn't really crowded at all if ya ask me. buddy only hit 2 people and only like 3 times we had to wait longer then 5min for the quad...

dude are you fucking kidding me? you didnt see the quad line that was all the way out of the lines, back to the fence and around the corner at say 2pm? And the challenge lift that was all the way back to the valley lodge entrance. It was freakin crowded as hell. I started using the shuttle bus as the lift.

yea my bet is that u saw price. he is sick. the kid is talented. and there are tons of kids as talented or better then him. however he has an edge over them. HE HAS NO FEAR WHAT SO EVER! the kid will try anything. probably why he ends up with a major injury ever season, but that attitude has really gotten him far in the sport. he could prolly go pro if he could get 2 full seasons in with no injuries, but that sets him back a lot i think.

i did see someone do a backflip there. didn't see a one footer but did see one backflip...

he wears a red helmet, and yesterday he had either his official blue mountain jacket (the blue one instructors wear) or a unniversity of vermont sweat shirt (he kept taking it off, putting it back on)

hmm I don't remember seeing him. I rpoibably did just doesn't stick out or anything. I saw some dude in a black hoodie pull one. saw some kids later on hit the c-rail. I would've accept that damn terrain warning sign in front of each feature was right in the way. later some guy moved it so you could actually hit it...

• 2 years later...

Ski, were you at Woodstock 94?

I wish i could have went to Woodstock 99. Korn was incredible there. So many good bands there: Korn, Limp Bizkit (when they were good), Kid Rock (when he was good), The Offspring, DMX, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Metallica, Rage agaisnt the Machine.

No, my GF at the time went....uh, Debbie #4...she took X and hooked up with some random guy so I broke up with her. No great loss. I never liked concerts; much more into clubs for music.