Why cant bear make snow while its snowing?

JibHonk

it was just snowing pretty heavily in lower macungie(ten minutes from where bear is) and i was jsut wondering if there was a significant difference in the temperature at which snow falls and the temperature in which snow can be made...i know humidity plays a role but according the WFMZ.COM it is 31 degrees with the temperature not gettin over 32 until 2 P.M. wednesday and the humidity is between 50% 69% and according to bears snowmaking chart that is in the yellow zone(marginal snow making) so is there like something i'm not taking into consideration

Edited by Youngbloodz

Well the water temp. problem was supposedly solved by the addition of fountains to circulate the water and expose it to cold air, but that's all that I know about that but as toast dropped that chart you might get why they wouldn't make snow during a natural snow fall.

this could be a wild guess but the air up there liek 1000s of feet up is alot colder and so the snow forms there and comes down here and here the air here isnt as cold which in turn the pond isnt as cold plus its much bigger and thus much longer to become cold so basically the H2O here isnt as cold as the H2O up there ... but im really jsut guessing here

from the looks of the chart and the PREDICTED weather looks like bear could start up the guns in a few ours and go well into tomorrow. seems like the weather is good just depends on creek. :wiggle :wiggle :wiggle

they are blowing now but yeah i think they will go into tom.

Edited by MISSDEMEANOR