Ski Season/Openings Article in Scranton Times-Tribune

Melissa

Ski resorts loving early-season chill

BY DAVID SINGLETON

STAFF WRITER

12/07/2007

Elk Mountain general manager Gregg Confer remembers what happened a year ago.

After an unseasonably warm start to December 2006, the Union Dale ski area managed to open a few trails around the middle of the month to limp into the holidays. Then came a disastrously mild January.

Well they'll have upper/lower highball, and upper/lower cannonball and upper/lower spike etc. open hahaha
I don't think they will have highball open. When I went up on Tuesday to get my pass picture it was a mess down there. We'll have to wait till tomorrow to find out.

Im not saying they will be open either, but thats were the 28 comes from.

28? They had 21 last year and added 3 this year. I'm not the best at math but I think thats only 24.

I don't think they will have highball open. When I went up on Tuesday to get my pass picture it was a mess down there. We'll have to wait till tomorrow to find out.

I don't think they'll have highball either. I was just throwing out random trail names. It really does look terrible as of 2 weeks up there. I hope they can get that stuff taken care of soon. If nothing else just so it looks nice from that new deck.