Made Up Holidays

nick malozzi

Ok i understand the "holidays" that they have over xmas vacation. I agree there are a lot of people out of work at that time so it is fair to call it a "holiday week". However i have to say that i think it is a load of crap that they consider today (sunday B4 martin luther king jr day a holiday.) I understand that they put "holiday weekend" on the website. but i was just under the impression that meant it was a three day weekend for most. so to get to my point, when i bought my season pass i was told by a CB employee and i quote "this is valid everyday ecept mid-day saturday, valentines day, and holiday week over xmas (which meant nothing cause it was after that week at that point)". so i though nothing of looking at my pass b4 heading up there today. needless to say the first lift line i get in is re god damn diculously long. i wait about 15min and i am halfway through the line and a liftie walks by looking at passes. walks by no problem. i am next in the singles line to go and so liftie looks at my pass and does a double take. i am thinking, hmmm, must just be confussed. NOPE! he wasn't he looks again and tells me my pass isn't valid. sure enough today is one of those "holiday" days that i can't use my pass. last i checked tomorow was the holiday. i was so pissed i almost punched the dude, only cause the first dude walked right by and looked at it. so yea, i waited in line for about 30min just to have to turn around and go home. not a good day. sorry for writting a book, but i needed to vent and the CBMB would not be an appropriate place. i understand it was partically my fault, but after what the girl told me when i bought it i didn't think anything of it and i never even looked. :drool:banghead:pissed:upyers:upyers

Edited by Jibophonic

yeah, I agree, sucks. My friend went up to Killington this weekend knowing that there would be crowds, of course, but was also greeted by $72 "holiday" lift ticket prices.

So what presents did all of your guys get for "Day Before Martin Luther King Day"??? It's, by far, MY favorite holiday.

i mean i know the whole ordeal was my fault for not looking at my pass. but why the hell did the girl tell me that? she should be the one i should nail. it a violent sort of way of course! get ur minds outta the gutter! lol......but anyway, that ruined my entire day. i was so stoked to ride after sitting in my house last night watching the snow fall, then going to pick my board up from getting a 200dollar tune/clean/sharpen/feather dusting/u get the idea. really pissed but i am done venting for at least now.

one last thing... does it make sense that i can use my pass tomorow but not today? i can use it on the holiday, but wait! not the day b4? that is so rediculous!