Noob question.

Ivoker

Hey all. I relocated back to the east coast last winter. I didn't have much of a chance to ride last year, so I only was able to visit Camel Back once and Shawnee once. Camel back was just awful, and Shawnee was ok for a small hill. So far this year I have been able to make it Blue once and really liked the place. Now my question is this. I can ride decent, and before I moved away from the midwest had started working on park riding, so I am in need of a noob park. Does Blue have such a thing, and is it open yet? I hit the one Shawnee had last year and liked the features, some very mellow stuff, without a ton of people in it. Only thing was they had no clue how to maintain stuff. The boxes were all leaning to one side or the other and the lips and the landings looked like they hadn't been touched in ages. So any advice on where to head would be great.

Blue does have a beginner park, it is called Terrain Run. It is a very small park w/ generally a 1-2 kickers and about 4-5 small boxes. They just opened the trail the other day and since I haven't been up since, I do not believe there are any features as of yet. Mountain Creek has one whole peak devoted to terrain park with all levels of ability. I haven't been up there yet so cannot speak of how well maintained it is.. but Creek is good when it comes to the upkeep of their parks.

I say go out and try all the places to see what you like. I would like to hear about what places are offering what and post about them.

come around is an intermediate park with some beginner features on it. terrain run was closed today for snowmaking and there were huge piles on nit so it should be ready to go with features when its all done. sidewinder, the expert park, has a shitload of snow on it and should be completely open by this weekend, i hope.

bear creek' s beginner park is a joke. 2 boxes that are usually harder than the gap ons, on a slope no longer than my suburban backyard.

terrain run at blue is uber fun. you must have hit shawnee on an off day, its always good there when i go. mountain creek actually has 2 peaks dedicated to parks, but im not sure about their beginner stuff.

big boulder has freedom park, which has a few flat boxes. but its always crowded and full of cocky ass fools. blue is your best bet.