Snowboard boots

Glenn

Ok, so after 2 years my snowboard boots are shot, which really blows because I thought they could take more than 2 seasons but w/e. So, I'm not really sure what I want to get yet, anyone have any suggestions? I ride with strap bindings so thats not an issue. I've heard good things about the boa systems, anyone have first hand experience? Lately I've been riding mostly trails so I don't want something super sloppy, like a park boot, but I do go in the park, so I don't want the stiffest boot on the mountain either. I have a decent amount of cash, and I'm going for quality here so I don't have to get another pair in 2 years (hopefully). The pair I have right now are k2 cirques. They served me well, but they lace straps have started to snap, and they have lost their weather proofing. So, yesterday when I rode my feet were submereged the whole time. The got cold, and full of rashes/blisters etc. Wans't pretty. Any help you can give would be awsome, thanks.

definatly the best boots i ever rode are my DC Judge's.

1. they have the BOA lacing system, which i think is great. it takes 2 seconds to put them on, and are super easy to adjust on the hill, plus you can take them off in a second too, and the laces are made of titanium, so you never have to worry about them breaking or ripping from the lift or stuff like that.

2. they have the DC Air, Gel, and Heat Liner, which is extremely comfy. it has an air bladder in the ankle, and a pump on the top, so the fit is great, plus there is gel in the heel, ankle, toe, and tounge areas of the liner, and there is the Heat Factory thing under the toe (its the things where you buy those heat pads and it slips in the tounge) basically i can go all day with these things on and never feel any pain at all, no blisters, cuts, any of that crap.

3. Overall, these things are great. I've rode them hard this season, between riding blue every weekend (saturday and sunday) and riding up in whistler earlier in december, these things hold up great. they are a little more expensive ($230), but i definatly think it was worth it for the fit and features of the boot.

definatly the best boots i ever rode are my DC Judge's.

1. they have the BOA lacing system, which i think is great. it takes 2 seconds to put them on, and are super easy to adjust on the hill, plus you can take them off in a second too, and the laces are made of titanium, so you never have to worry about them breaking or ripping from the lift or stuff like that.

2. they have the DC Air, Gel, and Heat Liner, which is extremely comfy. it has an air bladder in the ankle, and a pump on the top, so the fit is great, plus there is gel in the heel, ankle, toe, and tounge areas of the liner, and there is the Heat Factory thing under the toe (its the things where you buy those heat pads and it slips in the tounge) basically i can go all day with these things on and never feel any pain at all, no blisters, cuts, any of that crap.

3. Overall, these things are great. I've rode them hard this season, between riding blue every weekend (saturday and sunday) and riding up in whistler earlier in december, these things hold up great. they are a little more expensive ($230), but i definatly think it was worth it for the fit and features of the boot.

wait, are those BOA things, the one where you twist the knob to tighten the boot? If so, my friend has them, and loves them :)

I've got a cool pair of salomons that are awesome. They don't have the BOA, but they have a cool lacing system where the laces are connected w/ a plastic handle at the top. All you have to do is lace them and pull tight. They're super easy, and feel like a pair of sneakers. I could seriously wear them all day and have no problems.

Ok, so I just got back from nestors. They didn't have anything with boa, so I ended up getting a pair of salamons with this cool lace lock system. It's kinda hard to explain, but basically you pull the laces tight on the bottom of the boot and then laces the first loop of the upper part of the boot, then lock that down. So the bottom never comes loose. They are really warm too. Also they fit my bindings perfectly, because they are the same brand, and I guess saloman goes to rediculous degrees to make their boots fit their bindings. Even better, I got a decent boot for 130. So I have some extra money to maybe get some other new equipment, or make a trip up north. We shall see.

Ok, so I just got back from nestors. They didn't have anything with boa, so I ended up getting a pair of salamons with this cool lace lock system. It's kinda hard to explain, but basically you pull the laces tight on the bottom of the boot and then laces the first loop of the upper part of the boot, then lock that down. So the bottom never comes loose. They are really warm too. Also they fit my bindings perfectly, because they are the same brand, and I guess saloman goes to rediculous degrees to make their boots fit their bindings. Even better, I got a decent boot for 130. So I have some extra money to maybe get some other new equipment, or make a trip up north. We shall see.

I think you have ones similar to mine. Arent they awesome? not only are they good boots, they are really cheap. B)

yea i just rented boots fir the whole seasaon b/c my feet r still growing alot and i got a brand new pair of k2 armadas for 75 bucks

lasters model and perfect condition

so nice too

good thing they're warm i remember back inthe rental days how cold my feet would get b/c the vans boots would become all soggy and the water would seep throuhg the boot

i also have a questin about bindings

b/c i got larger boots than my orginal bindings could hold they put on a new piece in the heal area that over hangs over the heal of my board, this somoetimes causes my boot to hity the snow and become to far forward to strap in.

and suggestiong on ways to make this not happen as much????

thax for any suggestions

yea i just rented boots fir the whole seasaon b/c my feet r still growing alot and i got a brand new pair of k2 armadas for 75 bucks

lasters model and perfect condition

so nice too

good thing they're warm i remember back inthe rental days how cold my feet would get b/c the vans boots would become all soggy and the water would seep throuhg the boot

i also have a questin about bindings

b/c i got larger boots than my orginal bindings could hold they put on a new piece in the heal area that over hangs over the heal of my board, this somoetimes causes my boot to hity the snow and become to far forward to strap in.

and suggestiong on ways to make this not happen as much????

thax for any suggestions

what size is your foot?

This is called heel drag, more common is toe drag, but heel drag can occur too. It means your board is too narrow, you have 3 options. You can just deal with it, put you bindings on with a larger angle, or buy a wider board.