Goggles worth it?

gdthomas

Would you say goggles are worth it even though I only get up to the mountains maybe once a month during the season? And if so any comments on the Spy Targa 2 persimmons lense and how do you thing the lens would do when it gets dark?

Thanks for any help.

Edited by gdthomas

Yeah, they're totally worth it. Even a cheap pair with amber lenses would be nice. Since we have been getting so little natural snow, we mainly have to deal with machine-made. If you are ever out riding or skiing while they are blowing snow and you are not wearing goggles, it's a miserable experience.

Definitely worth it. I can't ride without them myself. Don't like the wind in my eyes. My lil brother has the Targas with that lens and he likes them a lot. Persimmon is a great choice if you are only going to buy one pair of goggles for all conditions. It is pretty much the "do everything" lens color.

just get cheap ones they work for what u r doing and they make all the difference when they are blowing snow at mountains and also if its very sunny out i would get goggles any way because you could use them for when its snowing out and u gotta shovel the driveway or what ever so yeah u should look into buying a pair of mabey just gordinis nothing special

You need to protect your eyes from the wind and the sun...The suns reflection off the snow is so intense. You can pick up a cheap pair of goggles for 25 bucks or a really good pair for 50-150 bucks. It's important. If you do alot of night skiing, don't get a lense that's too dark..

Yeah thats why I was wondering if persimmons would be too dark for when it gets dark even with the lights on because most of my boarding will be when its darker cause I can't get up to the mountain till later in the day when i go up.

Persimmon is not too dark for night, and gives you enough UV protection for the brighter days. It really is the do everything lens. If you get a night (high intensity/sensor mirror) lens, and then have a situation where you have to ride with it during a brighter day, you'll wish you would have gotten something a little darker. I always make the mistake of taking out my night/foggy weather goggles on cloudy mornings, only to have the sun come out. Those goggles make things so bright that I can hardly wear them without squinting a lot when it becomes sunny. Like I said above, if you're going to get one pair of goggles, get an all around persimmon type lens. You'll be prepared for just about any condition.

Yeah thats why I was wondering if persimmons would be too dark for when it gets dark even with the lights on because most of my boarding will be when its darker cause I can't get up to the mountain till later in the day when i go up.
mabey just a little orange tint would be good for u beacause protection from the sun and when i gets dark it looks like you dont even have goggles on very good vision at night with orange tints

Also protects your eyes from gapers doing the Pocono Tuck.

Baahhaaa.

I used to hate wearing goggles. I don't really see well as it is and to have something obstructing my vision really bugged me. Now though I am used to wearing them and can't imagine skiing without them. They really do protect the eyes from wind, twin tip roost, cold, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
I will raise your blades with some Factory Pilots, retro day at Gapril Phools Day BumpPhest at Kton

n830505017_227600_946.jpg

Oh and Zeal Goggles are the bomb.

I'm sure the picture you posted is hilarious, but I can't see facebook images. So I'm claiming myself as the winner of this thread until you host the picture from somewhere I can view.