Binding Brake Question

n0xidee

I got a new pair of skis and already had a new pair of Look P 12 bindings. Only problem is, the brakes aren't wide enough for the skis. Can I just bend them out? Do I need to buy wider brakes and if so where? Or is this problem unfixable and I need bindings with wide enough brakes on them?

I got a new pair of skis and already had a new pair of Look P 12 bindings. Only problem is, the brakes aren't wide enough for the skis. Can I just bend them out? Do I need to buy wider brakes and if so where? Or is this problem unfixable and I need bindings with wide enough brakes on them?

what kind of skis, and which P12 binding? is it the old P12, or is it actually the newer PX12? also, which brake do they have? most P12s came with a 75mm brake, unless they were the P12 jib, which had a 78-80mm brake. the new PX Jib has a 78mm brake, but there are different versions of the binding this year that come with different brake sizes. gimme more info and i'll give you more info.

If they are the older p12 you can bend them, if they are the newer PX's you have to buy the larger brakes which are kinda $$$ for brakes. I know it looks like you could just bend the px's without taking apart the brake mechanism but trust me you can really F up your brakes.

Here is the tutorial for the older P's, it is for P18s but I used it a bunch of times for P12s, be carefull there is alot of stuff to break.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthr...t=brake+bending

EDIT: On Second thought if you have a decent vice you may be able to bend the newer version if you heated the bend points some what. I don't know what they changed but the brakes on the PX series are far more brittle.

Edited by Johnny Law