TR 1/16/08

bigdaddyk

Tonight was my 5th trip to Sno this season and it was the best trip there, so far. I stayed on the NF the whole time (6:30 to 8:15). Coverage was really good, packed powder. There was also a decent amount of natural snow, off trails. Crowds were sparse.

Good to hear...it'll be interesting to see if it gets especially busy this weekend. There's a J3 USSA race on Sunday, which is a pretty good thing to try and avoid, since there are over 100 racers that age and they are maniacs (eh, in a good way). Saturday should be the best and least cold.

Good to hear...it'll be interesting to see if it gets especially busy this weekend. There's a J3 USSA race on Sunday, which is a pretty good thing to try and avoid, since there are over 100 racers that age and they are maniacs (eh, in a good way). Saturday should be the best and least cold.

I'll be at JF, since I have a restricted pass at Sno.

I'll be up Saturday with a friend who is flying up from Virginia for the holiday weekend (fyi, it is Lee-Jackson Day in Virginia, no joke).

She hasn't skiied in a while, so look for me on the upper part of the mountain...

I've got a lilac spyder jacket and black pants. If it's cold enough, I have a matching hat.

I will be up early on Sat. Black Jacket, White Pants, White Gloves, Camo Twin Tips. Holler at me.

I'll be up there as well...you know who I am...

I'll be up Saturday with a friend who is flying up from Virginia for the holiday weekend (fyi, it is Lee-Jackson Day in Virginia, no joke).

She hasn't skiied in a while, so look for me on the upper part of the mountain...

I've got a lilac spyder jacket and black pants. If it's cold enough, I have a matching hat.

I'll be there! You know who I am!

I'll be up there too. Sometime probably around 11-12 I will arrive and will be skiing till 3, then I have work.

I think you know who I am......holler at me people! I'll be at Sno in the early morning, till about 3, to race NASTAR. Then I have a date to the movie theatres....

As of last night:

The NASTAR trail needs more snow. Snowmakers blew, then groomers leveled the piles, but there's not enough base for gates right now. The forecast lows for tonight are high teens/20, which is good, but a lot depends on just how many hours of cold Sno gets. Also, due to the USSA race Sunday on Smoke, there def won't be NASTAR that day.

Just guessing, but Highball could probably be reopened for the weekend with just a few solid hours of snowmaking, which will spread the MLK crowd out. And maybe the new trail, Snake, on skier's far right?