how to fix your "jump run"

travis

The first jump is ok but the landing needs to be steeper. Also the second jump's lip is too small and has no real pop to it. Its more like a boarder cross jump and just shoots you strait out and the landing is also too small. I love hitting big jumps but the run is to small to handle a jump the size of the second its almost impossible to get speed for unless you just bomb the whole run. So maybe if you just pushed up the landing making it steeper and try and cut the jump maybe 5 feet and it would be much better.

I haven't even it any of the black bear jumps since they have been rebuilt because they are all bad looking. The first jump on cascade has no lip to it but the second one it decent. Finally, I'm not saying this to offend anyone in any way, but only to help. If you really wanna see a good job go to big boulder and look at any of the jumps on boulder park. They're honestly perfect and are always well maintained and maybe looking at them well help.

The first jump is ok but the landing needs to be steeper. Also the second jump's lip is too small and has no real pop to it. Its more like a boarder cross jump and just shoots you strait out and the landing is also too small. I love hitting big jumps but the run is to small to handle a jump the size of the second its almost impossible to get speed for unless you just bomb the whole run. So maybe if you just pushed up the landing making it steeper and try and cut the jump maybe 5 feet and it would be much better.

I haven't even it any of the black bear jumps since they have been rebuilt because they are all bad looking. The first jump on cascade has no lip to it but the second one it decent. Finally, I'm not saying this to offend anyone in any way, but only to help. If you really wanna see a good job go to big boulder and look at any of the jumps on boulder park. They're honestly perfect and are always well maintained and maybe looking at them well help.

i think it's time you learned how to work the jump instead of just letting the jump do all the work man. i have seen people spin both the first jump in tube park and the first in cascade in recent days and they have had no problem getting, speed, clearing it, or spinning it. the jumps in black bear are pretty good right now as well, not great admittedly but they're hittable once you figure out how much speed you need and how much you need to pop off the lip. i'm not trying to say you suck or anything but on big jumps you can't rely on the lips alone to get you past the knuckle.

i think it's time you learned how to work the jump instead of just letting the jump do all the work man. i have seen people spin both the first jump in tube park and the first in cascade in recent days and they have had no problem getting, speed, clearing it, or spinning it. the jumps in black bear are pretty good right now as well, not great admittedly but they're hittable once you figure out how much speed you need and how much you need to pop off the lip. i'm not trying to say you suck or anything but on big jumps you can't rely on the lips alone to get you past the knuckle.

A properly built jump should shoot you right to the landing if you have enough speed. Popping off lips doesn't give you much more distance really, just more height and control off the lip.

I fully agree the first jump in black bear is too poppy hopefully that can be reconstructed soon and be mellowed out a bit. In response to Justin, i'm not saying popping off the lip will always guarantee clearing the knuckle but it will help. yes a well built jump will send you to the landing, but popping off a jump is necessary, read anything on how to hit a jump and they will all say pop off the lip. there is a fine line between too poppy and perfect and all except the first jump in black bear right now are much closer to perfect than to too poppy. If other people are having little to no problem with the jumps, there's no reason to believe someone else can't hit them just as well.

Everyone has their own opinions on how jump lips should be built. There are a variety of jumps throughout Bear Creek and every one of them has been succesfully cleared...I often go through and cut lips (especially in Cascade and the bigger jump line) while listening to the opinions of some of the better riders and park crew members at bear. The biggest problem we have been running into is the landing on the first big jump not being steep enough to hit the second, but trust me, people have been throwing down on both of those jumps.

Everyone has their own opinions on how jump lips should be built. There are a variety of jumps throughout Bear Creek and every one of them has been succesfully cleared...I often go through and cut lips (especially in Cascade and the bigger jump line) while listening to the opinions of some of the better riders and park crew members at bear. The biggest problem we have been running into is the landing on the first big jump not being steep enough to hit the second, but trust me, people have been throwing down on both of those jumps.

Yeah please don't change anything in the tubing jump line. I just got the feel for both of those jumps and there is no need to change them

word dude, i like every jump in cascade through tubing, they are all sick. you dont have to pop off of any of them to clear the knuckle either.

the jumps in tubing are perfect, they need no work except to be kept maintained

I think all other jumps are perfect too except the top one in blackbear

YOU dont know what your talking about...at all. Both jumps need steeper landings and the second one needs to be either a little shorter or the lip needs to be tweaked slightly. Like someone said above the lip should shoot you right to the sweet spot in the landing without having to go ridiculously fast or pop ridiculously hard. Ive seen people spin off the last jump but i have also seen alot more knuckle it to their death (and i have alot of these on tape if anyone would like to argue that). There not BAD but there not as good as they could be, i think thats all travis was trying to say.

YOU dont know what your talking about...at all. Both jumps need steeper landings and the second one needs to be either a little shorter or the lip needs to be tweaked slightly. Like someone said above the lip should shoot you right to the sweet spot in the landing without having to go ridiculously fast or pop ridiculously hard. Ive seen people spin off the last jump but i have also seen alot more knuckle it to their death (and i have alot of these on tape if anyone would like to argue that). There not BAD but there not as good as they could be, i think thats all travis was trying to say.

yeah my bad I was talking about them on tuesday during the daytime, when the snow was nice and fast because of the rain(and that was the first day I ever hit the 60 footer). As for today, the top tubing jump was ok but it was a little slow so you would sometimes kind of knuckle. with the second jump the snow was too slow too even hit it. I just think the landings need to be steeper .

Edited by EAZY-Emuntz

yeah my bad I was talking about them on tuesday during the daytime, when the snow was nice and fast because of the rain(and that was the first day I ever hit the 60 footer). As for today, the top tubing jump was ok but it was a little slow so you would sometimes kind of knuckle. with the second jump the snow was too slow too even hit it. I just think the landings need to be steeper .

its not 60 barely 45 and thanks Nick! your awesome