Terrain Park Entrance

oLd SkOoL BaLLn

This would get a lot of negativity because I know it would be annoying to take of your board/ski then put them back on but, before the two entrances, Cascade/What ever the other park's name is, have a 2 or 3 steps/staircase to walk up so little kids and their dads/moms think "oh, why bother taking off our skis when we can go down the path to the left. Blue Mountain has something like this and the 1 time I went there, absolutely no little kids or parents were on the park.

But if your going to put this in, you should put a little kicker off to the right of the stairs so that if you really don't want to stop or take off your board, you can just clear over stairs.

Agree/Disagree?

blue's stairs work when they are cleaned off. they keep people out for sure, just because of the inconvenience of taking stuff off. if they arent clean, they do nothing at all. it would be good to have to steps though... but the kicker you speak of? c'mon. lets be real. take the 10 seconds out of your life to take your stuff off. it will be worth it if there are less people in the park.

I haven't really seen people not go into the park because of them. And a lot of the time you can just ride right upt them.

every day that i'm there i see people turn back or ride away because they can't get up the steps. families are always coming up to it and then turning back, as opposed to just riding ride through a nice wide opening like it used to be.

no offense but you have only been to Blue once this year and it makes it hard to judge the affectiveness of something based on one visit.

if bear would have something like this, you would definately see some change in who is/n't in the park. and its a better idea than a park pass if your mountain doesnt believe in restricting paying customers, like Blue.

no offense but you have only been to Blue once this year and it makes it hard to judge the affectiveness of something based on one visit.
Once this year. 20+ days there last year. Plus my cousin is a daily regular up at blue and says the samething about the steps. I'm sure they turn a few people away, but IMO they are more hassle then they are worth.

just take the parking attendants that dong do anything and have them stand at the top of the parks and tell the families to stay out

I agreebear shouldn't do the gay stair idea but somthing needs to be done with all the noobs it was just unbeliveable tonight i would get cut off 10x and when i did try 2 drop i would accedentaly cut somone good off w/out meaning to

the parking attendants don't do s*!t so i think it would be a good idea to take 2 of them and put them at the top of the park to keep families out

SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT THE NOOBS IN THE PARK

my flyers did an affective job of explaining smartstyle i politely asked somebody to ride it on the way up the lift then dispose of them in a trashcan i even saw one kid i handed it to started asking people if htey wanted to go and wen he fell he either roleld down or just got back up:) but that was 1 of 20 so idk how it worked....as for my idea as how to keep kids out i'd say a steezy line of moguls that u must ride thru first or and i'm being completely serious here dig a moat ish think at the top like a 3 foot trench and a little booter to launch over it with its small enuff that if u dont have enuff speed to use the jump u could just ollie it...also if u dont like the ditch thing just fill it with rocks

Making it hard to get into the park doesn't work either. Ski patrol just needs to patrol the park and call out people not following smart style. Its not hard it just needs to be implemented.

I have ridden two parks that were controlled very well. Mt Snow and Snowmass, both at least 3 or 4 years ago. But basically, they had an employee sit at the entrance to the park and stop every one on the way in. He would let groups of 8-10 people go in at a time. No stopping and waiting with 10 buddies. No hiking. You just dropped and rode through the park. Once one group of 10 got 1/2 way through the next group dropped. It worked great. It didn't matter if you were a beginner of a pro, you could ride through with out getting snaked 30 times.

see i think that idea sucks because then you have to wait to ride the park... the lift is long enough

as for the ski patrol they are just as much of a problem today a ski patrol and a friend were standing in the landing of the dfd and a noob"FAMILY"rode by and they didn't do crap even tho the family was rolling over the jumps creating a hazard for people trying to do tricks (not all some board and ski patrol are sick in the park)

see i think that idea sucks because then you have to wait to ride the park... the lift is long enough
I'd rather wait a few minutes and get a sick run through the park then waste an entire run getting snaked on every hit. The parks I rode like that had much bigger crowds then bear and the waits were not bad at all.

as for the ski patrol they are just as much of a problem today a ski patrol and a friend were standing in the landing of the dfd and a noob"FAMILY"rode by and they didn't do crap even tho the family was rolling over the jumps creating a hazard for people trying to do tricks (not all some board and ski patrol are sick in the park)
You can't do anything about people riding over lips, they have just as much of a right to do that as you do to hit it however you want. The problem is people dropping on other people, and standing in landings and what not.

a thing about the blue steps are: if you get down to them some beginners cant/wont go down razors edge or extreme, and would rather just step up those stairs instead of hiking to paradise or back up to where the lift lets off. I think the idea of putting steps in and have a little kicker to the side so people can jump up them is smart. The park crew could also clear off the steps each run.

a thing about the blue steps are: if you get down to them some beginners cant/wont go down razors edge or extreme, and would rather just step up those stairs instead of hiking to paradise or back up to where the lift lets off. I think the idea of putting steps in and have a little kicker to the side so people can jump up them is smart. The park crew could also clear off the steps each run.

Yeah at Blue they might have to go down Challenge, but at bear, theres a run right next to it thats just as steep, just no rails/jumps. I dont get why they have to come in there. <_<

since everybody was offended by my "gun" suggestion i've thought of a peaceful way...bear creek invents flavored snow and puts a trail leading up to kodiak with flavored snow and then all the families stop at the top of kodiak and eat the snow then the trail continues down to the lift:) :D:wub: its brilliant

no lemon flavored snow tho :snowpee::urinate: