Sno is closed

bigdaddyk

Dense fog and rain and they didn't sell any tickets all morning. People should show up instead of complaining after the fact. It's the same freaking reason they close in the spring with a ton of snow on the NF. Not talking to you, Big, since you have a pass. IDK, I guess it's just the way it is up here with so many fair weather skiers/riders. Midweek, Sno relies on a few dozen ticket sales instead of a few hundred at other places.

they pulled a camelback?!? wow.

It isn't that unusual for Sno to close for rain and fog. The upper mountain is really susceptible to pooling water. Plus, nobody shows up---literally zero 'guests' on the entire mountain.

I'm on my way to Blue in a few minutes...I hope they don't pull a Sno..

Hey, maybe that's the secret to skiing Blue without horrible crowds: wait until it's pouring rain :rock

why are they closed is it raining out there? its warm here (manhattan) but its not raining

The clouds started to break around 3pm, then the heavy rains came back in by 4pm. We just drove back from Chuck E Cheese in Scranton and people are driving 40mph on the highways because of the dense fog and rain.

Hey, maybe that's the secret to skiing Blue without horrible crowds: wait until it's pouring rain :rock

The clouds started to break around 3pm, then the heavy rains came back in by 4pm. We just drove back from Chuck E Cheese in Scranton and people are driving 40mph on the highways because of the dense fog and rain.

Ah, thats rough. It was super foggy when I drove back from the bus station tonight. I'm not nearly as outraged by Sno or Camelback or anyone else closing or closing trails lifts so long as it is posted on the website/snowphone as when Camelback used to close one of its major lifts without announcing it anywhere. If it means losing today and gaining a day at the end of the year for spring riding because they are saving operating costs, I'm all for it.

I skied at BB and left at 6:30. It cleared out early, but never rained. It did get foggy, once it got dark.

You ain't lying there... I love Blue but it's basically pointless to even attempt to ski there after noon on a weekend.

The mountain gets so torn up you need to go into survival mode. Shawnee was packed when I was there and they still had

terrain worthy of skiing and it was nothing but gapers on the whole mountain. JF was the same way, still skiable conditions

even though it was crowded and it rained on WMMR day. Blue gets crowded and the mountain turns to shit.

As I'm thinking about other Pa mtns. like Elk, etc.. maybe slow lifts aren't always such a bad thing, cause camelback and blue both

have fast lifts and they draw crowds like no other and they both turn to shit really fast because of it...

The rain bands lined up in a worst case scenario...and tomorrow is supposed to be worse. :banghead

or just wake your ass up and get there for opening. weekdays there is nobody around until 12 or even later. i havent had a problem with crowds more than once this year and that was a day that i showed up around 11 on a sunday.

We just drove back from Chuck E Cheese in Scranton and people are driving 40mph on the highways because of the dense fog and rain.

I wouldn't care if the visibility was ZERO, I'd turn on the flashers and go 90 just to get the he!! away from Chuck E Cheese as fast as possible!!!! :sprint

Closing during a rain storm is not a bad thing. It keeps the snow from being compressed into boiler plate and lets the rain drain through the snow. It can then be groomed back out to much better conditions than if they stayed open for a handful of people.

I wouldn't care if the visibility was ZERO, I'd turn on the flashers and go 90 just to get the he!! away from Chuck E Cheese as fast as possible!!!! :sprint

Closing during a rain storm is not a bad thing. It keeps the snow from being compressed into boiler plate and lets the rain drain through the snow. It can then be groomed back out to much better conditions than if they stayed open for a handful of people.

And the worst pizza ever.

or just wake your ass up and get there for opening

Don't you people drink?

Don't you people drink?

of course. i get wasted every weekend. go to bed before 2. wake up at 6:30. ski for a few hours. come back. take a nap. do it all over again for the next day. its worth it if i can ski nicely groomed runs without idiots all over the place and a park that is perfect.

of course. i get wasted every weekend. go to bed before 2. wake up at 6:30. ski for a few hours. come back. take a nap. do it all over again for the next day. its worth it if i can ski nicely groomed runs without idiots all over the place and a park that is perfect.

Jeez, sometimes I forget not everyone is old.

The kids don't even eat the damn pizza! They take two bites, then run around like wild indians, yelling and screaming.

Chuck E Cheese is for parents who usually use the TV as a babysitter and don't have a CLUE as to how to relate to their kids or have a relationship with them. Just look around at a Chuck E Cheese, the kids are all off going nuts and their fat, out of shape parents are all sitting at the tables talking bullshit. Turn off the TV on Fri. nights and play cards, scrabble, chess, checkers, Life, Trivial Pursuit, or freeking Chutes and Ladders with your kids! Or take them skiing, biking, boating or whatever... Kids won't remember the SUV and McMansion you don't need. They'll remember the time you spent with them!

Don't you people drink?

On a good day, it is worth getting up for first tracks; but I wish that wrist band system had worked at Sno, so I could ski from 2:00pm 'till 10:00pm on good conditions instead of getting there at 8:00 am!

Hey, I used to start the weekend early and party 'till 3:00 on Thurs. nights and be at my desk at 8:00am on Fri. mornings. Not any more. After a few weeks of that, you start saying "goodbye" around 10:00! :lol: