A reason to stay open

bigdaddyk

I know that a reason for closing is probably due to losing more money than they take in. To me, if not for any other reasons, a reason to stay open would be for the pass holders. The passholders are the ones who pay the money up front, which helps fund the early season snow making. Without preseason money from passholders, I would think that things could be kind of tight.

Edited by bigdaddyk

I know that a reason for closing is probably due to losing more money than they take in. To me, if not for any other reasons, a reason to stay open would be for the pass holders. The passholders are the ones who pay the money up front, which helps fund the early season snow making. Without preseason money from passholders, I would think that things could be kind of tight.

In general CB passholders aren't the type to come out on lousy days anyways, the ones who are tend to be very local and wouldn't change mountains unless things got REALLY bad.

I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree. I think that CB's revenues on a busy weekend surpass all of their passholder revenue easily. I might even go as far to say one busy day can be more profitable for cb then all of their passholder revenue for the year (when taking into consideration food sales, rentals, etc) CB has never and will never care for their passholders because they aren't the driving their business. A passholder is simply a bonus in the eyes of cb management.

Do I think this is fair? absolutely not. But it is what it is.

Even Bear is open wtf?

yeah dude conditions were complete shit again tonight and bear knew it and accepted the fact they would definetly lose money. hell they didnt even groom it but they stilled stayed open for the die hard pass holders to come up and screw around.

I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree. I think that CB's revenues on a busy weekend surpass all of their passholder revenue easily. I might even go as far to say one busy day can be more profitable for cb then all of their passholder revenue for the year (when taking into consideration food sales, rentals, etc) CB has never and will never care for their passholders because they aren't the driving their business. A passholder is simply a bonus in the eyes of cb management.

Do I think this is fair? absolutely not. But it is what it is.

you nailed it, they'll throw the season passholder party and let them drink and eat themselves into a stupor and they'll forget the shortcomings. Been there, done that, it's pretty funny to watch

Rip on Camelback all you want, they are the only ones who really care about their customers. Blue, JFBB, and Bear are so inconsiderate for letting their patrons get cold in the wind, wet in the rain, or have to wipe their goggles in the fog. Honestly, I love a mountain as in tune with their customer's experience as Camelback. :wub:

Rip on Camelback all you want, they are the only ones who really care about their customers. Blue, JFBB, and Bear are so inconsiderate for letting their patrons get cold in the wind, wet in the rain, or have to wipe their goggles in the fog. Honestly, I love a mountain as in tune with their customer's experience as Camelback. :wub:

:lol::rofl

It's not a rip, it's reality. And I still like Camelback, I know and ski with some of the rangers, bartenders and lift attendants, not to mention many hardcore regulars like gerhart and 2 turn Bernie. Every mountain has its flaws, I'm most familiar with Camelback's. If I go to Blue enough times, I'm sure I could pick a few scabs there as well. I gave the new owners credit for doing a great job on snowmaking last year, which was almost as bad a snow season as this one so far. I still consider it my "home mountain" by default, even though this will be the first year in many that I haven't been up there on a regular basis. The place is evolving, hoping to capitalize on more domestic travel, gambling, and competing with other nearby resorts and attractions. But that doesn't mean I have to evolve with those changes if they don't suit me. I'll find another mountain that makes the grade for me. I wish Camelback all the best and all other Poke mountain resorts the same. Without them, we'd be screwed for local skiing/boarding. PRAY FOR SNOW...or at least 31 degrees!!!!!!!!

I still consider it my "home mountain" by default, even though this will be the first year in many that I haven't been up there on a regular basis. The place is evolving, hoping to capitalize on more domestic travel, gambling, and competing with other nearby resorts and attractions. But that doesn't mean I have to evolve with those changes if they don't suit me. I'll find another mountain that makes the grade for me. I wish Camelback all the best and all other Poke mountain resorts the same. Without them, we'd be screwed for local skiing/boarding. PRAY FOR SNOW...or at least 31 degrees!!!!!!!!

ah yep... was in the exact same situation last year.