cheap tickets at Whistler?

rummy

Hey gang, I'm headed to Whistler the first week in March with four guys on our 25th annual Stag Trip. We have the accomodations at $315 for the week and the airfare at $326 from Harrisburg. The lift tickets are around $80 / day, so 6 days of skiing are costing more than the airfare and the accomodations. If we book on line we can save about $8. / day. Anybody know if there are better deals available on lift tickets? Or, can somebody point me to a forum on Whistler/BC?

Thanks!

Hey gang, I'm headed to Whistler the first week in March with four guys on our 25th annual Stag Trip. We have the accomodations at $315 for the week and the airfare at $326 from Harrisburg. The lift tickets are around $80 / day, so 6 days of skiing are costing more than the airfare and the accomodations. If we book on line we can save about $8. / day. Anybody know if there are better deals available on lift tickets? Or, can somebody point me to a forum on Whistler/BC?

Thanks!

if you wanna save money of lift tickets... go in May... skied 4 days for $120. mmmhmmm.

no can do, trip's booked for March 1-8. You have to be taking a chance on snow conditions in May. Lot's of downloading I bet.

yeah for sure. only from the midstation. which is below midway. i dont really want to ski anything below there anyway haha.

anyway... i dont know where to get discount tickets but i wish i did. have a blast out there. have you ever been there? its worth the money. take pics and post them. i miss that place.

For forum type conversation you might have some luck at tetongravity.com, just don't expect warmth and love if you ask any questions they deem stupid. As for discount tickets, Whistler is pretty good about not giving much to those who aren't from BC or Washington state. Your best bet is usually to buy the multi-day pass online before you go, as they charge more for the multi-day pass at the mountain. If you have any friends who are Washington or BC residents they can get you discount tickets.

yeah for sure. only from the midstation. which is below midway. i dont really want to ski anything below there anyway haha.

anyway... i dont know where to get discount tickets but i wish i did. have a blast out there. have you ever been there? its worth the money. take pics and post them. i miss that place.

This is our third trip to Whistler, it's our favorite mtn out West. Sun valley is next, and then A-basin. Big Al is the photographer, I'll try to get him to post a few pics.

For forum type conversation you might have some luck at tetongravity.com, just don't expect warmth and love if you ask any questions they deem stupid. As for discount tickets, Whistler is pretty good about not giving much to those who aren't from BC or Washington state. Your best bet is usually to buy the multi-day pass online before you go, as they charge more for the multi-day pass at the mountain. If you have any friends who are Washington or BC residents they can get you discount tickets.

Thanks for the tip on the MB. I saw the discounts available to "locals", now you've got me thinking about contacting a previous host. I can always fall back to online booking. Thanks again!

Try looking up a few local ski clubs in the BC area and se if you can piggyback off of their group or voucher rate program purchases for the BEST DEALS. It may be a longshot, but ya never know...

Also, if you made hotel/condo reservations through an RE management company, you can try contacting them.

Vancouver Tourism might be able to help as well. 604-682-2222 Ask for Luke.