Quick TR for 2/9/8

Ski

I wasn't planning on a TR, but since reading how sugary/granular Blue was....

Ty and I pulled in at our usual 7:40am, then shuttled to the lodge where she got ready to meet her team. By 8am, the buses rolled in with tons of kids. Sno sold a lot of tickets today and was surprisingly busy. The only lift lines were from bunches of patrollers, but every once in a while there would be a dozen kids crashing on a headwall you had to wait for. Long Haul had at least 20 or 30 empty chairs between people.

I usually don't waste much time on Smoke, but it was the best run of the day, followed by WL. The snow started just as we arrived and it continued pretty steady through the entire day, accumulating an inch or so on the warm ground and maybe adding as much as two inches to the groomed surface. Upper Runaway and Upper Fast Track were pretty good because of the new snow----big turns on the cord.

The only sugar was down around the Phoebe lift where you had to be careful if you were flying down from skier's right of the lift. I ran into Melissa a few times, but she's not my friend anymore and won't talk to me.

It was a great day, with some great snow...

Edited by ski

Thanks for the TR ski.

I wasn't expecting much given how much it rained this week but I was pleasantly surprised that the conditions were great. It started snowing about 9 and I would estimate around an inch or so feel throughout the day. I thought it was going to turn to rain, but we lucked out and it stayed cold. I saw them checking all the guns so tomorrow morning should be nice. Today was probably the biggest crowd I've seen this season, but I didn't notice it on the slopes.

snoskier

Edited by snoskier

I waved hello! Ski you were with a whole posse of people you were skiing with!

Today was a great day skiing... all of the trails were pretty cool, but honestly, I did not like the kind of snow on Smoke. I thought it was not groomed well (kind of chunky for lack of a better term). Obviously, people will disagree with me, but however you describe that kind of snow, I did not like it--felt like I was just sliding in it and couldn't grip at all.

On the way out of the parking lot, some teenagers totally plowed into the saab:( This is the SECOND time the saab has been hit in the snow, and the saab has never even hit anyone!! The kids apologized and gave me their insurance info, but they were totally driving too fast in a crowded parking lot:(

Skied Sno Sat. night. Conditions were fast packed powder with about an inch of fresh natural on top. Only a few spots in the center scaped off on the head walls near the bottom, but all edgable.

About 7:15 it started snowing HUGE wet flakes mixed with rain at the bottom, all snow at the top. Dumped about 1" - 1.5" in 20 min. Totally got covered in wet snow on the Long Haul. Conditions changed to slow wet snow in one run. Later it got skied in with the drier stuff and the North Face was better on the last run than my first.

No lines. Only problem was people waiting for friends right in front of the loading zone.

Lots of nubes snowplowing down to the bottom. They need to change those trails back to black diamonds on the map. They're still marked black on the trails.

The $3.00 locker system wasn't working, but there's always bags all over the place because I don't think anyone uses them anyway.