intermediate park at blue

kmar2006

We weren't saying it was the groomers fault. Just saying that it could be groomed better, which its the park crew's job to do some grooming. Espeacially on park features. As far as I'm concerned anything between features is the groomers reponsibility to do, and push some snow to the right location for features. The freatures themselves should be shaped etc by the park crew, but maybe I'm wrong.

I think gurpskier, after what he did today, will agree some maintaince is needed by the park crew. After the flatbox, there was a trench from people getting off of it about a foot deep, it was crazy.

That was terrible. One of my friends got caught up on it and slammed himself into the ground. Sitting down was not very fun for a while. They did close that one sometime during the afternoon and filled it in and softened it up.

That was terrible. One of my friends got caught up on it and slammed himself into the ground. Sitting down was not very fun for a while. They did close that one sometime during the afternoon and filled it in and softened it up.

Yeah but even after it reopend it was still lousy. This weekend the park get so much traffic, its hard to blame the park crew for problems today. I would much rather look at how the park crew does on an average day not a high traffic day.

I agree, but that thing was NASTY... I would have expected that box to be closed... I mean, very very ugly.

When it was real bad, a friend I met later in the day there (not my roomate) did it on skis a couple times, and rode away switch out of the ditch. So it's doable, it just stops being a beginner features. You have to really negotiate the rut, and watch your speed.

Ok, so everyone has experessed the want for a resonably do-albe rail, like a straigt rail. Well they had one out today, on the bunny slope. I guess the blue mountain freestyle team (who really wasn't anything to write home about) setup and used for the day. It was only 2 feet (at most) high. Straight double barrel, about 10-15 feet long. Why does the freestyle team (who should be doing more impressive stuff than that) use this rail, and everyone else is stuck with a no skill box, and INSANE rails. They have a happy medium available, so why don't they put it out. Alright enough whinning. I love blue, but they would be that much more loveable if they setup some "in between" rails.

ooook so since everything sucked at blue today, i chilled with the park crew kids and sessions the flatbox a bit when they opened it back up. as far as the box goes, they have nothing to work with. there's solid ice, or granular, neither of which can be easily shaped into a lip or landing. they tried to salt the granular to melt it a bit and put it into the deathtrap after it, but it didnt refreeze enough. sidewinder is supposedly going to close during the week so they can blow and totally redo everything maybe with some new boxes/rails. they cant really do anything to it right now because the snow is not packable and the trail in general, you'd be better off with ice skates. i was on freshly tuned skis tonight with perfect edges and i was sliding all over the place. so we can only hope as of now. park crew has some good ideas, its all a matter of whether management and the amount of snow allows them to do what they want.

i was there at blue today for pasr day and the rails are set up like SHITTTTTTT. theyre definately not ride on. but ollieing 2 ft of a jump that comes to a point in front of the rail is not a rail id like to hit. making a rail not ride on doesnt mean lowering the jump so u run into the side of it. It means backing the jump up alittle so theyre a gap. its not hard to build a jump with shovels. Gimme the shovel and ill do it myself. but another thing, WHY IS THE KINK RAIL ON A TURN?!?! it has the same porblem as all the other rails with its on ramp and its really hard to even hit it strait since its on a turn. I was not impressed with the rails at all.

i was there at blue today for pasr day and the rails are set up like SHITTTTTTT. theyre definately not ride on. but ollieing 2 ft of a jump that comes to a point in front of the rail is not a rail id like to hit. making a rail not ride on doesnt mean lowering the jump so u run into the side of it. It means backing the jump up alittle so theyre a gap. its not hard to build a jump with shovels. Gimme the shovel and ill do it myself. but another thing, WHY IS THE KINK RAIL ON A TURN?!?!  it has the same porblem as all the other rails with its on ramp and its really hard to even hit it strait since its on a turn. I was not impressed with the rails at all.

Did you expect those rails to be ride on? They just need better lips, I think the park set up is rockin'. I think the rail your refferring to is the flat-down rail (KINK RAIL), which I think is easy to hit, you just have to stop and check it out. I ride regular so I'm jumping off my heal edge and I don't have trouble with it.

Did you expect those rails to be ride on? They just need better lips, I think the park set up is rockin'.  I think the rail your refferring to is the flat-down rail (KINK RAIL), which I think is easy to hit, you just have to stop and check it out.  I ride regular so I'm jumping off my heal edge and I don't have trouble with it.

i dont expect them them to be ride on. I expect them to kick u up onto the rail and not into it.

yeah the downkink has been the only rail thats been consistently decent all year. the drop rail up top wasnt bad til a few days ago, now the lip is really really low. but the battleship, sharkfin, rainbow, flatbox, and mailbox are all ride on as of now. the flat down flat is a whole different breed of haggard though.

yea i definetely was not impressed with how their park was. like andrew said, all of the trannies onto the rails are horrible. they come to a point, whats up with that?? even if those gaps are too big, making the jumps onto the rails better with straight lips would make it 100% better. there were one or two decent jumps that i liked. the second table at the top of sidewinder was pretty nice, and the first and only jump on the lower park wasnt bad, but it had a very strange landing. i think i'd have to go on a day with less traffic though and see how everything is, because im not sure if yesterday would be a good day for the condition of the features

It wasn't a banner day for features in the park. The jumps I thought were decent, if you hit them were it hadn't been all skied off (aka the sides of the tranny). All the rails are to huge for me to try (for right now anyways). The box is usually setup half decent with a landing, not a ditch. It's a pretty nice park I think, definately go on another less traffic day and check it out.