intermediate park at blue

kmar2006

i have good info..... from good source i heard the folling will be showing up at blue... they will be like the Box except...... (2) 20 ft long almost like a C ..one 20 ft strait one ..... possibly one roller coaster 20 ft... maybe an S in the future..... there are being done professionally in a metal shop off blue property and should be in the park this year yet.....they'll have ply wood sides and everything just like the box... not sure how top will be i heard metal and plastic and they should be like 12inches wide

i also heard from a friend who works on the park and pipe crew that they will have a flat down box in about a week or so its on order now

Sweet thanks for the info. It's cool because we just had a thread talking about getting intermediate jibs in the park. It would be nice to see some rails, but tech boxes are cool too. :rock

Nice to hear. Tech boxes are a lot of fun and some nice straight boxes will add some good variety, guess they read our posts and decided to change things  :) .

From the sounds of things, this was already in the works, but they may read our stuff. We at least know kmar read it and is involved with some level blue's production.

so far i've heard nothing but speculation and running your mouth, with no results. there are no new rails at blue thus far, and the flatbox doesnt count because it is the exact same as the old one, minus the rotten wood sides. you're talking about all these new rails, as is everyone else who works up there, and i have seen nothing yet. they dont even have everything out from last year.

so far i've heard nothing but speculation and running your mouth, with no results.  there are no new rails at blue thus far, and the flatbox doesnt count because it is the exact same as the old one, minus the rotten wood sides. you're talking about all these new rails, as is everyone else who works up there, and i have seen nothing yet. they dont even have everything out from last year.

everything out from last year is also another story.. its call warm temps.. no snow..... cant set stuff up with snow.... u want grass for a landing?

stuff just wasnt set up correctly from the start. i was told sidewinder was gonna have no ride ons. 2 of the rails are not ride on. the wall should have been built with about 5 more feet of snow under it. yes, i'm bitter. i was just up at okemo for a few days, with a foot of fresh snow and a perfectly set up park. you dont need a ton of snow to build a 2 foot high kicker in front of a rail though, so yes, blue could be doing better than they are right now.

id like to see anyone build a 2ft high klicker with a piston bully ... u cant.... thats why the rails that arent ride on are like that... on the top of a jump.. until we get more snow u cant really change anything... but snow will be coming... our man made snow

First off I would like to say blue has done a great job this year, I love the park, etc etc etc etc. However, why must you use the bully for everything? It takes a couple shovel fulls to build a small kicker onto a rail, so its not even a groomer thing its a park crew thing. It really doesn't take a lot of work, it would make things alot nicer. Its uses hardly any more snow than a regular transition to a box/rail, but its just positioned away from the rail a little. Nevertheless, park has been lots of fun, and looks to be even better when the new stuff gets in :rock .

Thats really cool. When I went up there last, the only things I missed were some intermediate rails/boxes. I mean the mailbox was okay, but it was pretty short and small. The insane stuff was definently there too, but I wasn't good enough to attempt it... A nice in between will be totally awsome.

I've always been a jump man, and now I want to learn how to do tough rails. I can do straight rails but thats about it. Its so hard to find good rails to learn on around here.

First off I would like to say blue has done a great job this year, I love the park, etc etc etc etc. However, why must you use the bully for everything? It takes a couple shovel fulls to build a small kicker onto a rail, so its not even a groomer thing its a park crew thing. It really doesn't take a lot of work, it would make things alot nicer. Its uses hardly any more snow than a regular transition to a box/rail, but its just positioned away from the rail a little. Nevertheless, park has been lots of fun, and looks to be even better when the new stuff gets in  :rock .

exactly. you dont need to use the groomers for everything. tonight we uses two of my friends's snowboards for shovels to rebuild the lip on the smaller jump off to the right after the sharkfin. i didnt use a groomer for that, i did it by hand. yes, they jump was initially made with a groomer, but you dont need a groomer to do upkeep on it. the two snowboarders were getting clean 7's with grabs and i almost got my first cork 5 on that jump tonight, it was a good time.

then i think you guys should talk more to the park crew.. there the ones with the shovels

We weren't saying it was the groomers fault. Just saying that it could be groomed better, which its the park crew's job to do some grooming. Espeacially on park features. As far as I'm concerned anything between features is the groomers reponsibility to do, and push some snow to the right location for features. The freatures themselves should be shaped etc by the park crew, but maybe I'm wrong.