What a day

AtomicSkier

Man oh man...what a great day! Was about 31 or so when I got there, and the predicted high was in the high 30's and partly sunny, well when Greg and I left at 12 or so, the temp was 30, and snowing (as it had been for two hours). It twas light, but it twas snow. We skiied so hard, but it was a great day, snow was firm, temps were pefect. Hopefully next weekend will bring us some frigid temps to resurface the whole mountain, since they are now, official 100% open. :D

Would today be a good day to check out Blue then? Public Enemy just called me a told me not to go to Camelback because all the trails are prime for iceskating. Definently not what they have on their conditions page, anyway.

So we're both pretty bored, and I've wanted to check out Blue for a while now. If I wen't up tonight, would I get a pretty good idea of the mountain, and park? Sound like the conditions were great from what you said.

Would today be a good day to check out Blue then?  Public Enemy just called me a told me not to go to Camelback because all the trails are prime for iceskating.  Definently not what they have on their conditions page, anyway.

So we're both pretty bored, and I've wanted to check out Blue for a while now.  If I wen't up tonight, would I get a pretty good idea of the mountain, and park?  Sound like the conditions were great from what you said.

i dunno how they'd be tonight, cause of people scraping away the top layer, but conditions were really nice in the morning

Oh my goodness. Public Enemy and I got back about 11:00 last night from a full night at Blue. It was my first time up there, and PE hadn't been there since he was really little, and man was it great.

Camelback was completely horrible that day, and Blue was amazing. They had a great cushy express quad, complete mountain coverage, all the trails open, and good conditions. The park was really good considering the snow, and the rails were INSANE! I'm not so good at the rails, but PE was in heaven. The king pin, battle ship, kink, and flat down were all huge. The rainbow was also awsome, but I don't think any skiier could ever do it if they ever planned to have children. There were also a whole bunch of big tabletops with lip, a wall ride (without much snow on it, oh well), some weird hip thing which was actually pretty fun, and a really weird spine. Good times.

The experts were actually challengeing, the mountain was taller, and they actually have huge bump runs! I didn't know they existed in the Poconos! There were no rangers, and on top of that, the lift tickets were only 18 bucks (Saver Sundays or something). Its only around 15 minutes farther from Camelback, at least for me.

The only thing I didn't like was the lights. They were sorta yellow-ish, which made you feel like the place was dreamily lit or something. Not a huge downside though.

So pretty much, if you've never skiied there, what are you doing? Go up some sunday night, trust me, you'll like it.

You guys are lucky that you have that option, for me its like 5 miniuts to CB and an hour up to Blue.  So I can't just switch Mountins when ever I feal like it.  Well I guess I could go to Shawnee of Alpine, but thats not going to happen.

Anyone who lives near any mountain is lucky...The closest to me is almost 2 hours...and that's Spring MT. :banghead

You guys are lucky that you have that option, for me its like 5 miniuts to CB and an hour up to Blue.  So I can't just switch Mountins when ever I feal like it.  Well I guess I could go to Shawnee of Alpine, but thats not going to happen.

If you are 5 min from CB its NOT 1 hour to blue. I've heard you can get there from the my school (East Stroudsburg) in 20 min. doing the speed limit if you go down 209, but who does the speed limit? :devil: