Sat & Sun morning at BB

Barb

Sat was absolutely beautiful at Boulder. At 8:15 am it was 14 deg but felt much warmer since the sun was shining and there was no wind. Brought friends along and they put their kids in ski school and the boys and I headed over to Bunny's Elbow. The first few runs were miserable since my younger son was having issues with his gloves. I think he was just in a mood. He wanted to take a break after an hour. After that things went much better. No lift lines at all until around 11:30. After lunch one of my friend's kids who is 4 wanted to practice her new skills so David and I dragged her around near boulder park lodge for a while.

Sun we got there around 9 and the temp was 27 but felt colder than Sat because it was cloudy and a bit windy. We threw the kids in ski school again but the adults hung out with the boys and I. We got Stephen to go down Boulder park and after one run he was hooked. I just went down the side and wasn't even going to try to go up and down those big jump hills. He got to the top of the second big jump and stopped at the top. I thought he was going to be a little freaked out because it was steep. We were like "well what are you going to do now?" He just said "watch this" and went down it like it was nothing. He tried the box at the bottom of the plaza but fell and got a little shaken up. There was no one around but I was proud of him for trying. David kept whimping out and wouldn't try it. Then got mad when we were telling Stephen he was the man.

Here are some pics from my new Pentax camera (which I love). Yeah and I know Stephen's helmet cover is a little gay but he's 7 he can get away with it.

Edited by Barb

Sun we got there around 9 and the temp was 27 but felt colder than Sat because it was cloudy and a bit windy. We threw the kids in ski school again but the adults hung out with the boys and I. We got Stephen to go down Boulder park and after one run he was hooked. I just went down the side and wasn't even going to try to go up and down those big jump hills. He got to the top of the second big jump and stopped at the top. I thought he was going to be a little freaked out because it was steep. We were like "well what are you going to do now?" He just said "watch this" and went down it like it was nothing. He tried the box at the bottom of the plaza but fell and got a little shaken up. There was no one around but I was proud of him for trying. David kept whimping out and wouldn't try it. Then got mad when we were telling Stephen he was the man.

I don't understand why you have to take your kids onto Boulder park if you have no intention of hitting the jumps. Its not just you, theres many beginner/intermediate skiers and snowboarders who have never hit a park jump that decide it would be fun to go down Boulder park just to roll over the landings. If your just riding, theres a trail with no park features right next to Boulder park thats close to the same pitch. I think its fine if theres no one sessioning the jump line, but this weekend there were many of us hitting the triple line because of the good conditions. Again, i'm not bashing you at all, just if your kids want to learn Freedom has some small jumps or even Love might be good for them.

Edited by tricgnu

Believe me I read this message board enough to know when to stay out of a park. There was no one there it was early in the morning. If it was crowded or people were waiting to hit the jumps we would not have done it. All 3 times we went down we let a big group go ahead of us and waited until there was no one behind us. I also gave both boys talks about what to do if they fall, especially on the landings. That is the trail they are always looking at when we go up the lift and they just wanted to try it. Eventually I would like them to try every trail. This is the one they wanted to try next. I wasn't going to say "well you are not going to hit those jumps and fly in the air so we can't do this one." They weren't in anyone's way or cutting anyone off. Plus, the lift lines always get crowded earlier on the other side of the mountain near Freedom. I' ve never been down Love, but I know if you go down Upper sizmarck you end up at the Tannanbaum lift and that line gets busy too. We try to stay over near boulder park lodge and do those trails. When you are dragging around 2 kids all day, they get tired going from one side of the mountain to the other. So that's my reason.

Believe me I read this message board enough to know when to stay out of a park. There was no one there it was early in the morning. If it was crowded or people were waiting to hit the jumps we would not have done it. All 3 times we went down we let a big group go ahead of us and waited until there was no one behind us. I also gave both boys talks about what to do if they fall, especially on the landings. That is the trail they are always looking at when we go up the lift and they just wanted to try it. Eventually I would like them to try every trail. This is the one they wanted to try next. I wasn't going to say "well you are not going to hit those jumps and fly in the air so we can't do this one." They weren't in anyone's way or cutting anyone off. Plus, the lift lines always get crowded earlier on the other side of the mountain near Freedom. I' ve never been down Love, but I know if you go down Upper sizmarck you end up at the Tannanbaum lift and that line gets busy too. We try to stay over near boulder park lodge and do those trails. When you are dragging around 2 kids all day, they get tired going from one side of the mountain to the other. So that's my reason.

Yeah, I wasnt really pointing my finger at you, it was more a general message to everyone. Its great that your teaching your kids these things, I've seen many parents who send their kids down things they shouldnt be on without hesitation. It freaks me out when I see a little kids sitting on the landing of a jump and their parents dont say anything.

Its cool that your showing your kids park at an early age. In five years they could be throwing 9's of the big hits, you never know. I've always thought the Boulder park lift got the worst crowds, and the Love park lift (dont know the name) the least because its split in two lines.

Believe me I read this message board enough to know when to stay out of a park. There was no one there it was early in the morning. If it was crowded or people were waiting to hit the jumps we would not have done it.

Word barb word....... I got your back ;)

Some more pics from Big BOulder Park Saturday.

Nipples

101_0718.jpg

Brogan!........

101_0732-1.jpg

Pat grabbin some tail

101_0712.jpg

Black Bandana?

101_0713.jpg

Seany J. How is Sno doing Seany? :lol:

101_0716.jpg

Matt Heffernan all the way from Ohio

101_0724.jpg

another nipple on the only real jumps in the poconos.....

101_0730.jpg

Nipples gets a marshmallow treat at the end of a really great day at boulder.

101_0737.jpg

Edited by Papasteeze

nice pics, Rob. My friends were watching Stephen and his buddies on every jump. I said, yeah I know that kid he's here all the time and he's really good. Then I was standing right next to him in the lift line, said hi to him twice and he totally ignored me. My friends said, "yeah he must be a good friend of yours."

Black Bandana?

101_0713.jpg

Haha I'll make sure I show him that. How's the footy you got?

And just a side comment, guys that don't know how to ski invading that run is horrifying..Jesse (Black-Bandanna) almost killed a guy who was nonchalently skiing across the knuckle of the third jump. If that asshole would have skied any faster across it, he would've been crushed. And we all know how massive that jump is. Thankfully everything turned out alright and no one got hurt.. but please, don't be stupid.

Oh and Barb, I haven't run into you this year!

Edited by meggles

Black Bandana?

101_0713.jpg

But yeah, that was me. You got some pretty sick pictures. I was wondering if I could get a hold of the footage of me from that day? I'm workin' on a promo, and that would REALLY help me out. If I see ya on NS I'll ask.

Edited by Black-Bandanna

nice pics, Rob. My friends were watching Stephen and his buddies on every jump. I said, yeah I know that kid he's here all the time and he's really good. Then I was standing right next to him in the lift line, said hi to him twice and he totally ignored me. My friends said, "yeah he must be a good friend of yours."

Sorry about that barb. I listen to music when i ski and with my helment on and all its really hard to hear. Plus im not really used to talking to people out side my group of kids i ride with. i did see you on the Big Boulder Park lodge deck tho.

And just a side comment, guys that don't know how to ski invading that run is horrifying..Jesse (Black-Bandanna) almost killed a guy who was nonchalently skiing across the knuckle of the third jump. If that asshole would have skied any faster across it, he would've been crushed. And we all know how massive that jump is. Thankfully everything turned out alright and no one got hurt.. but please, don't be stupid.

If your friends with sean jordan ask him about how me and him almost killed someone at midnight madness in the same situation. I was following him into the jump and there was a kid RIGHT on the knuckle. All i hear is OHH F**K from sean and I look down and there is a kid right where we were landing. We were literally inches from hitting the kid.

If your friends with sean jordan ask him about how me and him almost killed someone at midnight madness in the same situation. I was following him into the jump and there was a kid RIGHT on the knuckle. All i hear is OHH F**K from sean and I look down and there is a kid right where we were landing. We were literally inches from hitting the kid.

You were riding with sean around at midnight madness? I was with the three guys who met up with you guys after the first jump on LOVE when those two girls were with you guys.

edit: meant to quote librider

Edited by gdthomas

Haha worrd.

Yeah Sean is pretty sick, we watched you guys hit the second jump after that and idk what all the tricks but it looked like sean threw a BS rodeo and you follow him with a 3 or a 5. First time (only been 4 times) I have seen people throw bigger stuff than like 1's or some grabs off of jumps in person, a lot sweeter than seeing it in vids.

I was in the Green SB jacket and brown hat if you remember.

Yeah Sean is pretty sick, we watched you guys hit the second jump after that and idk what all the tricks but it looked like sean threw a BS rodeo and you follow him with a 3 or a 5. First time (only been 4 times) I have seen people throw bigger stuff than like 1's or some grabs off of jumps in person, a lot sweeter than seeing it in vids.

I was in the Green SB jacket and brown hat if you remember.

Yeah I was a little :new_all_coholic: so if I met you im sorry I dont remeber you haha.

But yeah sean is way sick. I'm amazed everytime I ride with him.

That was keith. I had an all green jacket on with brown pants.

Oh ok yeah I talked to keith for a little bit, my two girl friends were mad at first cause he kept calling them bitches, but i talked to them today and i guess they met up with him later on and thought he was cool. He ran into me and two of my friends before I saw you guys and was like what do you want to to see so he threw down a stalefish 3. Wish I lived up there so i could go more often and progress more (and not be such a pussy sometimes).