Sat. 2/7/4

Ski

Okay, mark your calendars. Everyone needs to waste $38 on a morning ticket and head to Blue. Two goals: root for Skidude in his first important GS; and, try to see if we can seriously jeopardize Atomic's season pass with some good old peer pressure.

And, Skigurl, have you gotten your forms all filled out? Will we be seeing you? Hmm?

Okay, mark your calendars. Everyone needs to waste $38 on a morning ticket and head to Blue. Two goals: root for Skidude in his first important GS; and, try to see if we can seriously jeopardize Atomic's season pass with some good old peer pressure.

And, Skigurl, have you gotten your forms all filled out? Will we be seeing you? Hmm?

NO! no more skiing with YOU! you are the bringer of evil! :upyers:upyers

No Skidude does not do well when other people are there to watch the wooden indian. However I will be there and after my race if I have time I can help out with Atomics Pass. Whats the plan?

Its actully my first GS and well aside from the one the day after my last one for this year. Atleast in the state. Don't know what happened there 2 GS and 4 SL

No Skidude does not do well when other people are there to watch the wooden indian.  However I will be there and after my race if I have time I can help out with Atomics Pass.  Whats the plan?

Its actully my first GS and well aside from the one the day after my last one for this year.  Atleast in the state.  Don't know what happened there 2 GS and 4 SL

just tell the ski patrol that i ran over some girl, they'll remember me :woot:woot

No Skidude does not do well when other people are there to watch the wooden indian.  However I will be there and after my race if I have time I can help out with Atomics Pass.  Whats the plan?

Its actully my first GS and well aside from the one the day after my last one for this year.  Atleast in the state.  Don't know what happened there 2 GS and 4 SL

just tell the ski patrol that i ran over some girl, they'll remember me :woot:woot

Thats always good.

Skidude, you're supposed to ski so fast that everything but the gates are a blur! And your attitude sucks! You have a slalom and two GS races at Elk!!!!!!

I don't even know what you need to qualify for those races...Is it 3 finishes in the top 15? Or 3 in the top 30? Or something different.

Also everything is a blur all the noise, the people, the gate keepers, the yellow snow...you get the point...But I don't know. Last race when no one was there I did better than all the other races.

Anyway Im thinking try and go all or nothing at 7 springs if the trail looks steep enough.

What do you need to qualify?

I don't even know what you need to qualify for those races...Is it 3 finishes in the top 15? Or 3 in the top 30?  Or something different. 

Also everything is a blur all the noise, the people, the gate keepers, the yellow snow...you get the point...But I don't know. Last race when no one was there I did better than all the other races. 

Anyway Im thinking try and go all or nothing at 7 springs if the trail looks steep enough.

What do you need to qualify?

ski999 and i were discussing your attitude while we were waiting for you. You take too much of a convervative approach, you ski like your in the lead. Ski like you've got nothing to loose (which is true), ski like bode, race your heart out, dont try to take it easy just so you finish, youll never win races. You win by being aggressive. NOW GO OUT THERE AND WIN SOME RACES! :woot:woot:woot

You qualify for PARA Finals by World Cup points through the first four races (2 at 7Springs/2 at Blue).

1st place=100 points

2nd place= 80 points

3rd=60

4th=50

5th=45

6th=40

7th=36

etc.

down to 1 point for 30th place.

It's the same scale as the FIS World Cup.

So, for example, if you finish 6th in all four of the qualifing races, then you'd have 240 points.

The cutoff for how many racers are invited to Finals depends on how many J1/2 racers there are each year. Last year, there were about 90 boys, or so. About the top 45 guys received "automatics", by being in the top 45 in World Cup points at the end of the first four races.

Then, each of the four PARA Regions (CB is in the NE Division, along with Blue and BB/JF)) gets "quotas". Which means, your division gets another five or six based on regional qualifying races. These spots are filled by guys who are not already automatics. So you take all the CB, Blue, and BB/JF boys, remove the guys who are in the top 45 in points and invite the next six remaining who did the best at qualifiers.

The last way to earn a trip to Finals is through "discretionary" spots. Each region gets a couple of discretionary spots, where the coaches can place guys who are deserving, yet had injuries or barely missed a cutoff in points.

In the end, about 60 boys race at PARA Finals; about 45 girls.

The next step? Well, your add up all the World Cup points from the seven PARA Cup races and the top couple go to the Eastern J1/2 Junior Olympics and race the top skiers from NY, VT, NH, ME, Tri-State, and SARA. The PARA guys that just miss JO's go the Eastern Finals.

And, btw, Skidude, at JF you finished 23rd out of 36 registered NE Division racers (some you beat, some crashed, some were DNS), earning 8 points toward the Regional Qualfier quota. So if 17 of those NE guys earn automatics by being in the top 45 after the first four PA Cup races, you'd be on pace to make Finals.

The LAST word on this: the World Cup point system was designed to reward people that take chances and either do great or crash. It isn't meant for being consistantly 20th. If a racer finishes 20th four times, he gets 44 points (11 points for each race). Win once and crash three times, and you have 100 points. Got it? It's why Bodie skis all-balls-out.

ha, it's tough to get kicked outta blue. my buddy hit this stopped skier on a turn on lazy mile (the guy stopped dead in the middle of a turn and my friend had nowhere to go and no time to stop) and hit him going about full speed and there were like 5 rangers right there. was absolutely hilarious to see. rangers briefly asked if they were alright while trying to hide the laughter. I figured he woulda been kicked out.... guess not... you gotta do the stupid stuff on the "slow" trails to get kicked outta there...

ha, it's tough to get kicked outta blue. my buddy hit this stopped skier on a turn on lazy mile (the guy stopped dead in the middle of a turn and my friend had nowhere to go and no time to stop) and hit him going about full speed and there were like 5 rangers right there. was absolutely hilarious to see. rangers briefly asked if they were alright while trying to hide the laughter. I figured he woulda been kicked out.... guess not... you gotta do the stupid stuff on the "slow" trails to get kicked outta there...

haha yea, sorta like we did on paradise

Ski most of that went over my head (just took 2 mid terms and don't want to think.) Anyway I will try and go balls out but if its a flat course then I don't think it is smart to do b/c one mistake adn your screwed for the whole race. We will have to see.

Ski most of that went over my head (just took 2 mid terms and don't want to think.) Anyway I will try and go balls out but if its a flat course then I don't think it is smart to do b/c one mistake adn your screwed for the whole race.  We will have to see.

So don't make a mistake :rofl

they blow the whistles at us all the time. heck I was riding switch and I was still going way too fast for them. buddy didn't even here them cause he had headphones on. he just kept going. only prob is... they can't stop what they can't catch :)

they could just radio down to the ski patrol at the base :lol: but we'll have to all meet at blue, my home mt!

This gives me a brilliant idea :rolleyes: We will run this like the show on mtv "punkd" I know someone who works for the blue mountain ski patrol give me a description of atomic and ill have him pulled over and then i wanna see him sing and dance tryin to get his pass back.