Okemo TR

sexkitten

Well, we're up and almost ready to leave... OK not quite but we are getting there. I will keep you all posted so read if you care. It looks like I am going to ski some major fresh snow (I don't know what makes it powder so I won't say it) which is cool. I'll let you know how I do. Later.

Be safe on the way up tonight.

VT needs more snow desperately. We were at Smuggs all last week and the heavy rain of a week ago was followed by mutliple days of single digit daytime temps and the snow is just frozen solid. There is still plenty of coverage but it is a dangerous block of solid ice.

The intermediate groomed trails are fine but the ungroomed bump trails and glades are either shut or very treacherous to ski on.

It kept the crowds down to nothing but people got hurt on the slopes and slipping on the steps to their condos.

So here's hoping for a big dump of 12-18 inches plus for you.

Boy is it snowing up here! The front desk gal said we were going to hit 12- 16" and at this rate I think she's right. The drive up was snowy but fine. The hotel is great. We are in the Adams house which is apart from the main part of the hotel and are really happy to be over here. The lobby and pool at the main house were teeming with kids but our hot tubs and hotel for that matter are absolutely dead. We ate dinner here at the pub thingy. It was pricey and just OK but they have s'mores so we'll probably be back. Right now we have the fire place going and are laying in bed watching the tube and resting up for tomorrow. Can't say I miss PA right now. Sorry. I really hope I sleep tonight... I can't wait for tomorrow. I don't know how I'm going to do but I'm going to give it my all. Goodnight all. Pics and a 1st day TR will come tomorrow.

Edited by sexkitten

Awesome..if you are struggling on your Tru Loves..maybe rent some fat skis..Definitely try some tree skiing..even if you're just a few trees over from the trail..I know that's where Bob is going to be when the trails get tracked out..Have fun tomorrow..it's going to be EPIC..

Tru loves should be fine, does K2 put out an Outlaw for the ladies? Kinda doubt the rental shop would have em, unless she can grab demos......

Awesome..if you are struggling on your Tru Loves..maybe rent some fat skis..

Fat Ski's...I used to ski this shit on some cheap ass 185 stick skis. She don't need no fat skis. She can suffer.lol.

This Hotel is great. Covered parking underneath. Wireless Internet (no crap). I forgot how cold it is when you get out of a hot tub in the winter. Now if I wasn't still f*&%$#g coughing and sick. Sittin here watching Tru TV (Not reality, actuality)

Cops is cool, huh huh huh...huh huh huh.

Is the hotel at Okemo better than Killington????

1000 times better. Cleaner, more modern, nicer amenities. The only downside is that to get to the restaurants, bar, lobby, etc. you have to go outside. The path is heated though so it's clear but it's a cold ass trip to the pool. We really don't care though. That place is kid central. Oh... and this joint really is ski in/ ski out. We literally have to take the elevator, walk through two doors, grab our skis out of the locker, walk 2 feet, pop on our skis, swish down a few feet and jump on the lift. Love that.

I'm heading up to okemo this weekend too, i'll be there all friday and saturday. Keep me posted on how badly there getting dumped on, I've been looking forward to this trip for so long and it better not be ice, i've had enough of htat in PA. also dont knwo if you'll be in the park at all but post how the park conditions are if you get over there

Today was powder, powder, piles then pain. Haha... boy were my legs killing me on our last run. But before I get ahead of myself... we started our day at 9:30 AM on the Jackson Gore side (duh). Conditions were... POWDER... of course and believe it or not I didn't really have too much trouble with it. Even on my K2's. It was kind of a wetter powder so although it did puff up a little as you made your turns it wasn't really a "face shot" kind of day. OK there were some face shots but they were mainly from the wind. It was really, really, really windy today. On the trails it wasn't too bad but the lifts were "Bob's balls". Anyway, we really didn't ski the JG side for too long since it's pretty much all blacks and soon found ourselves over on the Okemo side. The powder was really amazing and we had most of the trails to ourselves. Okemo really did a nice job of balancing grooming and ungrooming so to speak. There were a good number of smoothed out trails as well as some untouched powder runs both of which were a blast to ski. We skied most of our day alone and really only started to see other skiers and riders after lunch. The lift lines were basically non existent but I'm sure that's typical for mid week. We ended up eating at the Summit lodge around 12:30. And now a brief food report for Doug... I had mashed potatoes and broccoli soup and Bob inhaled a chicken pot pie, green beans and corn bread. Back to the TR... we were back on the slopes around 1 and finished off most off the blues on the Okemo side then decided to make our way back to JG. It was a good decision too because by 1:30 or so it was pretty pushed off and the piles and mush were a little hard for me to ski. Even Bob was getting thigh burn at that point so we skied a few more runs then made came back to JG which was much easier than it's made out to be. Our day ended about 2 PM and get this... we skied right up to our hotel doors. I absolutely can't wait for tomorrow. Luckily I saved a little "leg" and we packed plenty of layers.

P.S. Our apres ski activities for today included a nap, delivery pizza, the fireplace, TV and soon maybe a trek to the hot tub or the bar and then to bed. Or not.

P.P.S. I only fell once and so did Bob FYI. I hit a big pile and it knocked me right over. Haha.

Edited by sexkitten

Today was powder, powder, piles then pain. Haha... boy were my legs killing me on our last run. But before I get ahead of myself... we started our day at 9:30 AM on the Jackson Gore side (duh). Conditions were... POWDER... of course and believe it or not I didn't really have too much trouble with it. Even on my K2's. It was kind of a wetter powder so although it did puff up a little as you made your turns it wasn't really a "face shot" kind of day. OK there were some face shots but they were mainly from the wind. It was really, really, really windy today. On the trails it wasn't too bad but the lifts were "Bob's balls". Anyway, we really didn't ski the JG side for too long since it's pretty much all blacks and soon found ourselves over on the Okemo side. The powder was really amazing and we had most of the trails to ourselves. Okemo really did a nice job of balancing grooming and ungrooming so to speak. There were a good number of smoothed out trails as well as some untouched powder runs both of which were a blast to ski. We skied most of our day alone and really only started to see other skiers and riders after lunch. The lift lines were basically non existent but I'm sure that's typical for mid week. We ended up eating at the Summit lodge around 12:30. And now a brief food report for Doug... I had mashed potatoes and broccoli soup and Bob inhaled a chicken pot pie, green beans and corn bread. Back to the TR... we were back on the slopes around 1 and finished off most off the blues on the Okemo side then decided to make our way back to JG. It was a good decision too because by 1:30 or so it was pretty pushed off and the piles and mush were a little hard for me to ski. Even Bob was getting thigh burn at that point so we skied a few more runs then made came back to JG which was much easier than it's made out to be. Our day ended about 2 PM and get this... we skied right up to our hotel doors. I absolutely can't wait for tomorrow. Luckily I saved a little "leg" and we packed plenty of layers.

P.S. Our apres ski activities for today included a nap, delivery pizza, the fireplace, TV and soon maybe a trek to the hot tub or the bar and then to bed. Or not.

P.P.S. I only fell once and so did Bob FYI. I hit a big pile and it knocked me right over. Haha.

Nice TR, sounds like snow nirvana up there!

:lol: Sounds like my apres ski activites when we were at Smuggler's last week (except the going to the bar). Thank God the local cable TV had CMT so we got to watch lots of episodes of My Big Redneck Wedding.

So jealous you got lots of fresh pow.....hey, at least its soft when you fall on it.

Can't wait to hear more.

1 fall on a powder day? Sounds like you need to get after it a little more.

Also where are the pics?

There weren't many piles cause the place is so dead and most of the trails were groomed so there wasn't much cause to fall. The powder for most of the day was very even if that makes sense. 12" - 14" fell like a blanket on top of what I can only assume (since we barely saw it) was a base of hard ass hard pack/ ice. It was lovely and pretty easy to ski until after 1- 1:30 when the piles started to appear.

The pics should be up tonight. We just didn't feel like digging out the camera cord.

Nice TR Sexkitten..9:30AM start on a powder day????

Honestly we didn't miss anything but colder temps. We were the first people on most of the trails we hit for about the first two hours. This place is crazy dead this week and those who are here are old dudes who stick to the blacks and families who stick to the bunny hill. On our side of the hotel we've only actually seen 2 other people the whole time we've been here. The bartender said it's like the Shining here this week. Creepy MoFo. Now I can't sleep. Haha.

12" - 14" fell like a blanket on top of what I can only assume (since we barely saw it) was a base of hard ass hard pack/ ice.

One big block of granite ice underneath....completely frozen solid.

those who are here are old dudes who stick to the blacks and families who stick to the bunny hill.

:lol: That describes midweek VT skiers perfectly. :lol:

Hello all. I must say that today was a beauty... so much so that I almost feel guilty posting up about it. Almost. We started at 9:30 AM and immediately made our way over to the complete other side of the hill. The conditions were amazing... packed powder, blue skies, barely any wind, crisp air. You couldn't ask for or get a better ski day. Evey trail we hit was basically fresh cord and/ or recently groomed powder. It was a much needed break from the "difficult to ski" powder of yesterday and I finally got to practice my carving. It felt good to ski super fast and with much less effort. Powder is nice but... gasp... I like a nicely groomed trail. Anyway we skied the blues and greens back over to North Star Express and again spent a good bit of time in that area. I have to say that there were a bunch more people out today than there were yesterday. I think we actually saw 20 people today. It was shocking. Haha. Around 11:30 I started feeling a little bit tired and hungry (lots of carving on legs still sore from yesterday) so we trucked back over to JG so Bob could ski some really hard blacks and double blacks while I rested and worked on my tan at the lodge. Unfortunately for my legs the conditions were too good to sit for long so while Bob hit Big Bang and Black Hole (I'll let him post about those) I skied Upper Limelight (my 1st ungroomed black of the trip) which had weird moguls down to Lower Limelight which was groomed like a mofo to the JG Express then I did a run on Tuckered Out which put me right into absolutely tired. I met an also tired Bob at about 12:00 PM at the lodge and we took an hour off for lunch at the Roundhouse. For Doug... I had half a cheeseburger and 10 french fries and Bob had a cubano panini and fries. Back to the TR... we also had a nice conversation with an older couple from Connecticut who have mid week passes to both Okemo and Killington as well as a condo in Ludlow. They were telling us about how different KMart is now that it's under new management and how it's really hurting their business. They were cool and it was interesting talking to them and to get their prospective on all things ski. After our longer than normal lunch we started to go over to the Solitude lift to do the blues over there but alas it was not to be. The legs were achy, I was feeling a bit sick and the blue skies so infrequently seen at the Okemo peak beaconed us so away we went... back up to the Summit Lodge. We took some nice pics up there and then more or less trekked back to JG. The greens and blues at the top from Okemo to JG were beautiful and windless so we skied them like we were on fire and made it back over in no time flat. Lower Limelight however was a mushy mess so it took some time for not only me but a bunch of the other skiers over there to make it down. I saw a ton of fallers and lost skis but I didn't fall or even get close. Yay! Once back to the JG Express Bob went for a final run on Tuckered Out which I suspected was a mess like LL so I lapped Espresso till he was done. After skiing right to our hotel door we went upstairs, changed and ventured back out to the outside hot tub. God I love ski in/ ski out. Anyway it was a nice end to a tiring day and a great way to even out my goggle tan. I'm not sure I'm going to see any of you all this weekend since I am on the verge of being really sick so I guess you'll have to take my word on it. Haha. Later tonight we plan to go down to the only damn restaurant open and then to drink ourselves silly. Overall I must say it was a really good trip. I can't say that Okemo is my favorite VT mountain (for various reasons) but I did enjoy my stay here. Goodbye Okemo.

P.S. I should have the pics up later or maybe tomorrow.

Let me say thanks for sharing. There are lots here who don't include any media in the TR's. I think this site is lacking media big time, and any one who can contribute; well it makes such a difference. So agian, thanks.

That being said...

Next TR I want so see some action shots. Also the lean in headshot with facemasks is kind of creepy to me. For a sexkitten you sure are covering up alot.

Let me say thanks for sharing. There are lots here who don't include any media in the TR's. I think this site is lacking media big time, and any one who can contribute; well it makes such a difference. So again, thanks.

That being said...

Next TR I want so see some action shots. Also the lean in headshot with facemasks is kind of creepy to me. For a sexkitten you sure are covering up a lot.

It's too hard and too damn cold to constantly take pics while skiing. I hate to say it but Doug was right. As for the facemask shot... the rents like that stuff so there you go. We actually considered leaving those on for sex that afternoon. Kidding. Ewww. I actually hate face masks but since it was like 2 degrees with a negative wind chill that day so they were a necessary evil. Oh, and just because I'm covered in these pics doesn't mean that there weren't uncovered pics taken on this trip. Remember that we did go in the hot tub shortly after that and then back upstairs. I'm just not allowed to post those pics. Haha.

Edited by sexkitten