skis.

mollyskeez

OK so i think I'm getting new skis next year. i have decided i want something light and flexible. and that because there aren't really many options that i doesn't matter whether or not i go with a men's ski or a women's ski. so that being said I'm about 5ft 7in - 5ft 8in about 140 pounds 13 and can spin on and off rails and small spins on jumps. i guess that can give an idea with ability. so what would you guys recommend?

Edited by MISSDEMEANOR

misdemeanors of course

well obviously thats what i have now and i think they are too stiff/heavy. i put on a pair or atomics then put mine back on and it felt like i was lugging around bricks taped to my skis.

i have a pair of Line twelve sixties, n they have a ton of flex and are pretty light, but you'd have to find them online or in a store somewhere since they stopped making that model when K2 bought them...the only problem i have w/ weight are the reactor bindings i put on them since they weight a lot, but if u just use regualr bindings you should be fine

i have a pair of Line twelve sixties, n they have a ton of flex and are pretty light, but you'd have to find them online or in a store somewhere since they stopped making that model when K2 bought them...the only problem i have w/ weight are the reactor bindings i put on them since they weight a lot, but if u just use regualr bindings you should be fine

Reactor bindings are like concrete. Maybe you should look into skis that aren't 4 years old...

Reactor bindings are like concrete. Maybe you should look into skis that aren't 4 years old...

the skis are awesome...the bindings are just heavy and i dont have enough money for new ones rite now...that and they feel light compared to my metrons, those just feel like lead on your feet

Edited by lineskier18

i think im way to big for that unless im going to ski a smaller ski. thats the one thats the girls copy of the juvy right?

100% honest.... to date the only serious advice I have ever given...... get ARWs, I have actually ridden them and they are a blast. Soft like a park ski should be but can still haul ass in the pipe or on groomers. I have three pairs of AR5s which are the older brother of sorts to the ARW and I wouldn't trade them for the world. I hear from time to time some durability issues but I have had no problems, the pair I ride with at Bear alot has probably 150+ days on them including a particular trip to Mt. Washington where I dragged them the last 1/4 mile out. If you buy this years version you can get it cheap like $240 from BC, buy them and never look back.

http://www.backcountry.com/store/ARM0026/A...Ski-Womens.html

100% honest.... to date the only serious advice I have ever given...... get ARWs, I have actually ridden them and they are a blast. Soft like a park ski should be but can still haul ass in the pipe or on groomers. I have three pairs of AR5s which are the older brother of sorts to the ARW and I wouldn't trade them for the world. I hear from time to time some durability issues but I have had no problems, the pair I ride with at Bear alot has probably 150+ days on them including a particular trip to Mt. Washington where I dragged them the last 1/4 mile out. If you buy this years version you can get it cheap like $240 from BC, buy them and never look back.

http://www.backcountry.com/store/ARM0026/A...Ski-Womens.html

nice. thanks for all the info guys. i think i am def. going to look at those. and since i will actually be buying them next year they will prolly be even cheaper.

im liking thisss.... http://www.getboards.com/snow/twintips/armada/arw.html

too bad i have NO money what so ever right now. that is such a sick deal tho. im trying to decide whether i shouled go with 170s or 166s. im on 169s right now.

Wow that is a good price, there is no real difference between this and last year's. I have heard bad things about GetBoards in that they can take forever to ship.

I would go with the 170 unless you aren't planning to get out of the park at all with these. IMO length does not affect spinning as much as it does chatter on the groomers.