fake passes

kmar2006

hey, btw, Blue did something very oppposite to what camelback would do today. My friend had left his ski jacket at his friends house by accident, so when we went to blue today, he was just gunna pay the $25 to get it replaced, since a lift ticket would have been more. And the lady said " are you sure you lost it?" and he said no, i left it at a friends house and hes away right now. She printed him out a ticket, for free, no cost. I'm sure if it were camelback, they'd love to take your money.

hey, btw, Blue did something very oppposite to what camelback would do today.  My friend had left his ski jacket at his friends house by accident, so when we went to blue today, he was just gunna pay the $25 to get it replaced, since a lift ticket would have been more.  And the lady said " are you sure you lost it?" and he said no, i left it at a friends house and hes away right now.  She printed him out a ticket, for free, no cost.  I'm sure if it were camelback, they'd love to take your money.

So his day ticket was on the jacket? Or was it a season pass. Not sure what the pass had to do with a jacket?

So his day ticket was on the jacket? Or was it a season pass. Not sure what the pass had to do with a jacket?

his season pass was on his ski jacket, which was else where. She gave him a day ticket for free until he got his jacket back (he was wearing a different ski jacket)...i was just saying, it's nice to know they'll do things to make their customers happy, and not make them waste $25+

o yea, i failed to mention his season pass was on his jacket in the first post.

his season pass was on his ski jacket, which was else where.  She gave him a day ticket for free until he got his jacket back (he was wearing a different ski jacket)...i was just saying, it's nice to know they'll do things to make their customers happy, and not make them waste $25+

o yea, i failed to mention his season pass was on his jacket in the first post.

I take it he had to show some id though :D. Yeah CB definately won't do that. They even have a clause in the contract saying you cannot come in if you forget yours. Plus their replacement pass is $50 I believe.

but doesnt cb make you trade in your original season pass if the picture becomes smuged?

Yes, that doesn't cost any money. I think the idea is, if you have to pay 50 bucks you are less likely to say you lost your pass, and then give the spare to a friend. Same thing with the 25 at Blue. It costs them next to nothing to make a new one, its just to discourage duplicate passes floating around the mountain.

Yeah, its a great mountain, I don't know why you wouldn't know why you would want to shaft them. Also like kmar said, they will know. Not sure how, but there are ways. I'm waiting for a moutain that starts using RFID. For those of you who don't know what RFID is its the same technology that is used for ez-pass on the highway, and speed pass at mobile stations. It has seen some other uses as well. The cool thing is, with a RFID tag you could have a scanner check for the ticket without ever needing a person to manually check. Another neat side affect feature would be a portable reader becomes a search tool. The RFID tags are rather cheap too make, and in a few years you will see them in super markets, with readers on the shopping carts, totally things as you put them in. It will be neat to see when the mountains start using this technology. It's one of the uses that acutally makes sense, and isn't so big brother like. Some of the other uses for RFID were kinda scary, like implanting them in children, so they don't get lost. And implanting in adults so medical records can be easily accessible, but the problem is, not just the medical industry, or not just the parents would be able to read the tags, any one with a reader could. Which means the government can track you, or stalkers, bill collectors whomever. Thats why I'm not getting ez pass, as convenient as it looks, I don't like people watching me.

EDIT: Although I guess you could make the point that the mountain will watch your movements on the mountain, but as soon as I'm done at the mountain, I can trash a ticket. Even better if the watch my movements, maybe they will put more effort into the trails I'm riding, or alleviate the lift lines at the lifts I'm waiting longer at. It makes sense in the controlled enviroment of the mountain, not in life in general.

Edited by dthmtluncrn

his season pass was on his ski jacket, which was else where.  She gave him a day ticket for free until he got his jacket back (he was wearing a different ski jacket)...i was just saying, it's nice to know they'll do things to make their customers happy, and not make them waste $25+

That has happened to my dad before, and me in the summer...They are willing to give you one lift ticket (one day) if you forget your pass, and you uhh ask the right way ;) Least they did it for me this summer, and my dad last winter.

$50 replacement at cb? Its only $25 at blue lol.

Yeah and some areas its like 5 bucks :yes

That has happened to my dad before, and me in the summer...They are willing to give you one lift ticket (one day) if you forget your pass, and you uhh ask the right way ;)  Least they did it for me this summer, and my dad last winter.

I take it this was at camelbeach since it was the summer? I can't believe you guys support that, but its cool they gave a one day pass, in their contract at least for the winter it says they don't. Maybe it's how you ask though. Then again, I don't forget my pass, or lose it for that matter.

Yeah, its a great mountain, I don't know why you wouldn't know why you would want to shaft them. Also like kmar said, they will know. Not sure how, but there are ways. I'm waiting for a moutain that starts using RFID. For those of you who don't know what RFID is its the same technology that is used for ez-pass on the highway, and speed pass at mobile stations. It has seen some other uses as well. The cool thing is, with a RFID tag you could have a scanner check for the ticket without ever needing a person to manually check. Another neat side affect feature would be a portable reader becomes a search tool. The RFID tags are rather cheap too make, and in a few years you will see them in super markets, with readers on the shopping carts, totally things as you put them in. It will be neat to see when the mountains start using this technology. It's one of the uses that acutally makes sense, and isn't so big brother like. Some of the other uses for RFID were kinda scary, like implanting them in children, so they don't get lost. And implanting in adults so medical records can be easily accessible, but the problem is, not just the medical industry, or not just the parents would be able to read the tags, any one with a reader could. Which means the government can track you, or stalkers, bill collectors whomever. Thats why I'm not getting ez pass, as convenient as it looks, I don't like people watching me.

EDIT: Although I guess you could make the point that the mountain will watch your movements on the mountain, but as soon as I'm done at the mountain, I can trash a ticket. Even better if the watch my movements, maybe they will put more effort into the trails I'm riding, or alleviate the lift lines at the lifts I'm waiting longer at. It makes sense in the controlled enviroment of the mountain, not in life in general.

thats so awesome, cant wait, its gonna make things so easy

yea this is way to long for me to read you want to summerize :D

yea this is way to long for me to read you want to summerize  :D

No, I will not summerize. First off, it's not THAT long. It will take you at most 2 min to read. Second there is some good stuff in there, read it, learn something. Second, I refuse to make oversimplified posts, that really don't contribute to the thread if there is something substantial to say.

Wow that RFID stuff is scary. DOWN WITH BIG BROTHER!

i heard some talk of scanning passes.... using other peoples bar codes..and prinitng ur own season pass... just so everyone knows it wont work..  i cant tell u y but it wont work.. SO DONT TRY IT!!!!

Wait a miniute, I hope I'm not seeing a connection here.

its funny that you say it wont work. its been done. and it does work. scan the pass into a computer, change the picture and the name and you're golden, its not hard. as long as you have the tools and the knowhow its not that hard to do. the hologram this year would be even easier to copy than years past, it used to be inlayed in the plastic sleeve they laminate the pass with, now its just a little blue foil stamp on the cardstock, which is much easier to duplicate. so unless i am entirely wrong here, why cant someone make their own pass this year? there's no magnetic strip that would need to be activated or anything, just a barcode representing a number in the computer.