NEWSFLASH, OUCH: Racechick

skimom

Ouch. Racechick hooked a tip during her first run. Someone thought her injury might not be so bad, but no one has heard. I tried to call the Gurl family but their line has been busy. RACE CHICK, WE NEED AN UPDATE.

Skidude was 30th at the end of his first run, but doesn't know the results of his second run.

Never ending suspense.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch. Racechick hooked a tip during her first run.  Someone thought her injury might not be so bad, but no one has heard.  I tried to call the Gurl family but their line has been busy.  RACE CHICK, WE NEED AN UPDATE. 

Skidude was 30th at the end of his first run, but doesn't know the results of his second run. 

Never ending suspense.

Is 30th good/bad/indifferent.

Skidude wanted to finish in the top 30, so top 30 is good

They didn't post the times after the second run. Gus probably has them, so he may find out during dinner. He will not call back unless he was in the top 30th.

I will try the Gurl family again later.

Dubious internet connection, I'll keep you updated if I can reconnect.

BTW, awesome powder today, eh?

When you ski in gates and both skis don't go around the pole. In giant slalom it often pulls your ski off because there are two gates connected by a panel at the top. Missy had an encounter with a single spring loaded slalom pole called a Break-Away, which usually causes less damage and you often don't even fall. But it can twist your knee if you "hook your tip" close to your boot because it spins that leg outward.

She may have a hairline fracture of the tibia - they are unsure. I'm assuming it's a plateau (knee) fracture, which is the skier's fracture. If you have to have a fracture, this is the one you want - it usually does not require a cast and heals completely. Anyway, she's feeling well enough to saty at the race and cheer her teammates today.

Skidude still doesn't know his place because there was a protest. A CB skier was on 140's. He makes racechick look like a giant... too bad for him.

Enough of try to communicate with this cra@@y computer. I'm off to ski...

hey guys, thanks for all the support. no broken or fractured bones(which is very good) i'm in a knee immpobilizer(sp) untill i go to the orthopedic(sp) guy(who i am best friends with from my swimming injuries) they will most likely do a MRI to check everything that a x-ray can't pick up. it is much better then yesterday. i just can't fully extend it or bend it most then like 15 degrees. as for the fall, i guess roomers were going crazy, i dont' remember what i did but my dad said that i got stuck in powder and lost balance then went rolling forward and my ski didn't pop off so the back of my left ski went into the ground and it pulled my knee the opposite direction that i was going in. i scarted crying befor i even start sliding down the hill and i never cry. but i had a great time and i'm really hoping to be training by the weekend if not sooner

Kind of like this girl in my class last year...gets a stapler caught on her finger and was doing fine then her friend is like well we are going to have to rip it off. Man did her face change from laughing to red balling in a matter of two seconds. Kind of like the time my uncle on New Year's eve thought that the beer he was drinking (labots) was only two bucks during happy hour...turns out it was $5.50 a glass because two bucks was only for domestics and he never drinks at a restauant but he kept saying wow it does taste different on tap and it was the best beer he ever had. Boy you should of saw how fast his happy face tuned into a pissed off face when he got the bill with his $20 steak that tasted like shit.