Some more Camelback Incompetence

DiMe

For all you Camelback haters, I'm sure you'll get a kick out of this one.

So the Lift department has a 2 wheel drive blue work truck that has to be one of the most unsafe vehicles I have ever seen in my life. It's been to Camelback's Vehicle maintenance shop at least 5 times regarding it's unsafe passenger door that does not latch properly and tends to fly open. While I worked there I was the first victim of the door got thrown out of the truck turning into Cameltop from the state park road, I got pretty scraped up and a sprained ankle but I was ok and didn't say anything to first aid or upper management or take it any further other than say what happened to my supervisor and request the door being fixed AGAIN (for the 6th-12th time?). I no longer work for Camelback but just caught word of another employee who is a seasonal worker got thrown from the truck once again and unfortunately got injured worse than I did, I can't believe they let it happen again. It would be nice if the Pocono record would get wind of this lol. I'm sure the truck won't be fixed or trashed until the next person who gets thrown out gets killed. The owners and new GM can't seem to budget for safe work vehicles yet they can spend $3,000,000 on a shitty water park expansion. GOOD JOB CAMELBACK!!

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

Were you wearing a seatbelt?

Unfortunately no, neither was he. I usually don't wear a seatbelt when driving slow for 1-3min to get from a job site to job site on private property. Although, when I fell out of the truck I was asked the same question so I decided to test the seat belts. They don't function properly anyways they don't lock on impact so if I were to have had the seatbelt on it would have full extended and drug me along side of the truck rather than allowing me to fall out and roll out of the way.

I usually don't wear a seatbelt when driving slow for 1-3min to get from a job site to job site on private property.

I always play it safe and wear one. You never know what may happen, as you discovered.

They don't function properly anyways they don't lock on impact so if I were to have had the seatbelt on it would have full extended and drug me along side of the truck rather than allowing me to fall out and roll out of the way.

The lap belt would have kept you in the seat, no?

^actually it very well could.

i believe cars/trucks like that for private use do not need to (or vary rarely do) pass inspection. he could claim work mans comp and take it from there i guess.

You are correct, I can't sue though I never wanted to but the 2nd victim I believe will.

I always play it safe and wear one. You never know what may happen, as you discovered.

The lap belt would have kept you in the seat, no?

I highly doubt it, the seat belt did not function properly what so ever. It latched but with any pressure it would fully extend the locking mechanism did not work. More than likely the seat belt would have extended me and held me outside the truck to be drug until the truck came to a stop. Normally seat belts when quick pressure is applied lock and keep you in place, this was not functioning on this truck.

The rules have a lot to do with the size of the company. A public company could never pull that off but a small private company could.

There are a lots of rules that change based on how you are listed, for example I am an "independent contractor" even though I work 50+ hours a week for the last few months, because it keeps our company under a threshold for the regulations based on the size of the company. They can fire me at will and I don't get benefits like a real employee, but to compensate they pay me more salary, so it works out better for me in the end since I only work a few months a year, the extra cash is better.