help with new set up

julz m

i was thinking for boards either capita stairmaster 144, Rome Artifact 1985 (rocker, 145), or Forum Youngblood 145 (youth)

for bindings im not very sure. i want an all mountain-ish one but one i can still ride park with. there are awesome deals on burton c60 and cartels.

no clue on boots but id like something with BOA lacing or something like it.

I would highly advise against the BOA system. I NEVER had good luck with it and neather has my friends. Honestly stick with regular laces.

32 makes the team 2 boot which is a great boot. as well As the DC park series.

But like I said I would advise to stay away from the BOA system.

Oh and for Binders, Technine makes a great product and I have always had good luck with them. Ive heard great things about the new flux binders as well.

Im going with Lib with BOA, I've heard horror stories about it. Stick with regular lacing, you have more customizable options with it, and if your lace breaks, just buy another 2 dollar pair of laces. If your BOA lace breaks, i hear it's a pain in the ass to fix.

And for bindings, I hear the Rome 390's are pretty solid for all around use, I have the targa's, but have yet to ride them, but they are really customizable and feel real good. I got the targa's for around 150, so you could probably find 390's for cheaper.

Could also go with a Burton Mission. I've had friends that rode these and loved them.

http://www.evogear.com/outlet/snowboard-bi...ssion-2008.aspx

For boots 32 makes a solid boot.

Could probably score some 32 Lashed for around 100 bucks. Rode those all of last year, was happy with them, i just prefer something stiffer.

Edited by Dan-

i love my rome bindings. ive had 2 pairs now and theyre great. plus rome has the best customer service ive delt with. and for boots i cant complain about my 32's. Theyre still in great shape after 150 days on them.

seriously the only advice you should be looking for is bindings. boots is just a matter of what feels the best and what fits your feet. you dont wanna buy boots without trying them on. nothing will ruin a day with your new gear then some sore feet.

anything reviews or things i should worry about for the burton cartels and c60s?

besides that their burton :huh: , no you should be fine

...actually alot of people love the cartels, im just not a burton guy myself. i find them over priced and too much plastic.

anything reviews or things i should worry about for the burton cartels and c60s?

If your looking for a good all around binding, i'd really stay away from the C60. It's meant to be a freeride super stiff binding, not something you'd really want in the park.

I've heard mixed things about Cartels.

how many of you guys have actually had BOA? I have nothing but great things to say about it and will never go back to regular laces

After all the bad things i've heard, and read about. I never even considered it. Your one person that has been lucky enough to never have had a problem. And your probably the only person i've ever seen that actually had good things to say about the BOA system.