Mini Ice Age

OutCold

Article

I know a lot of people have probably seen this already, but I thought it was worth discussion. Sunspot activity has dropped substantially this year to the point that there have been 0 sunspots in the past month. This is the first time that has happened since 1913. Historically, when sunspots stop occurring, we experience global cooling like the mini ice age that happened from around the 1400s to the early 1700s. If something that bad happens again, it would devastate our agricultural system, but it would probably be the return of poe skiing to PA :lol: Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be catastrophe, but it would be nice for temps to drop a bit around here so we could get some more snow. Something moderate like this would probably be great for the skiing and winter clothing industry.

Isn't that normal for Northwest Montana..I've heard that we'll have a mini-ice age in about 60 years.. :lol:

Google the Winter of 1816...that was the year without a summer for the northeast..I hope something like that happens in our lifetimes..imagine snow in July up in Vermont..sa weet ness

That was for a completely different reason. If a massive volcanic eruption does occur again. It will become cooler for a few years until the dust settles.

This summer did seem cooler then summers previous. August was relatively cool, but September seems to be a little warmer then average at least in the beginning of the month.

Edited by Dan-

The squirrels have been going crazier then normal around here lately in my backyard gathering and hiding nuts.

About an hour after writing this I almost smashed two squirrels on the main road that connects to my development. I came around the curve and went into the other lane to avoid one squirrel. As I got in the other lane, another jumped out into the road :banghead.