08/09 Terrain Park Update

P-architect

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im just gonna doubt it b/c its camelback.

well, the bison's are a pretty sick cat, and they have a somewhat legit list of features. so if they are dedicating a good portion of space for parks it could be sweet. which is what i was saying.. they know what to do just not really how to do it.

Method, thank you for your post, you are spot on...

Will, I am guessing, but I think the problem has been your groomers and how they set the transitions and gaps. You need someone experienced in that new cat. Having a new park and new features and new equipment will mean nothing unless you have a park builder who knows what to do with all that new stuff.

Method, thank you for your post, you are spot on...

Will, I am guessing, but I think the problem has been your groomers and how they set the transitions and gaps. You need someone experienced in that new cat. Having a new park and new features and new equipment will mean nothing unless you have a park builder who knows what to do with all that new stuff.

You are more likely than I to have pictures from Camelback do you have any to post that highlight the problems? I don't think I've ever taken a picture there but it was so obviously visible to anyone looking that it might help to clarify a bit what we're saying.

i wouldnt blame it on just the groomers... if at all. they never really had a huge base to work with in the first place for jumps and it showed in the way they were made. if we were ants that one step up/over would've been sick as hell haha.

i say you shouldnt blame it on just the groomers because each and every rail had a decent amount of snow pushed in front of it. once that gets done it comes down to the hand crew and how they shape it... which just takes time and effort. ive never met the hand crew but from what i saw the few times i was there, they seem lazy - judging by the setups. park rakes can push a good amount of snow, especially when its warm. so completely rebuilding a lip isnt all that hard.

i cant see CB having a good jump line. they dont have the snow, grade, or length to do it. maybe one good sized jump but thats it. focus on rails and take it from there i say.

Yeah Dan, I could/should have elaborated a bit more. Some of the park crew said emphatically that they were not allowed to reshape, so if that it is the case, then it is the groomers responsibility?

I really don't know the details, I just know that the transitions and set-ups and flows left a lot to be desired when considering the comments from experienced park riders.

You are more likely than I to have pictures from Camelback do you have any to post that highlight the problems?

I don't have any from last season other than a couple from Christmas day that Craig took - they don't show the features.