Early Season Hike park

bermbuster49

So i've been waking up the last few days and seeing that it is below 32 degrees (i didnt look at the humidity but still...) and i was thinking it would be pretty sick if Bear decided to aim a bunch of guns at a spot near the Quad (the original one) and maybe make a small hike park? It wouldnt cost too much money since the lifts wouldnt have to be on...but yeah just throwing that idea out there, i know its still early, hopefully this cold weather is a good sign!!!

ps. you can charge admission haha

Im sure their considering something like this. With all the mountains opening earlier and earlier each year, they gotta look at a way to compete. But it would be really sick if something like this would work out. I wonder if the water temp is cold enough to blow yet???

BC is about more than skiing/riding to management.They have all that corperate/wedding stuff now.

To open a hike park they would have to staff it with ski patrol/park staff/etc. .It would be great PR directed at the park rider,but I doubt you will see it happen.I could be wrong though.................

BC is about more than skiing/riding to management.They have all that corperate/wedding stuff now.

To open a hike park they would have to staff it with ski patrol/park staff/etc. .It would be great PR directed at the park rider,but I doubt you will see it happen.I could be wrong though.................

I dont know man, there is alot of money to had from park riders. Just look at Big Boulder's opening day alone last year. They had what, like 800 people there, at 20 bucks a ticket....thats 16000 dollars from ONE day. Not to mention that the turn out was incredible for the first couple weeks after that. Yeah its a risky move, can bear pull it off? prob not, with the temperatures that they have there, it would be near impossible to keep something like that around. You make it sound like the park rider is the minority here, but that changing very fast. Boulder really started something and alot of places are following, dedicating more and more terrain to parks. Look at Mountain creek who dedicated an entire peak to park, and now mount snow has done a similar thing. i mean sure park still most likely has not surpassed the weekend day trippers making their way in from new york and other places but they are sure becoming a major part of the mountain and are changing how mountains have to look at the way they do their business. Either way, im sure bear will be opening terrain as soon as they can whether it be a hike park or an entire trail. Hopefully its soon b/c im getting the itch realllllll bad haha.

...and now mount snow has done a similar thing....

This is a little off topic, but Mt. Snow has had a hike park open for about a week. I have been there the last few days and there has been a decent turnout. In fact, they are hoping to open a lift tomorrow (OK, then it won't be a hike park :rolleyes: ) .

This is my earliest ticket ever:

LT.JPG

Now I am home and hoping for the earliest BC opening possible. Never underestimate BC's willingness to try something new.

I dont know man, there is alot of money to had from park riders. Just look at Big Boulder's opening day alone last year. They had what, like 800 people there, at 20 bucks a ticket....thats 16000 dollars from ONE day. Not to mention that the turn out was incredible for the first couple weeks after that. Yeah its a risky move, can bear pull it off? prob not, with the temperatures that they have there, it would be near impossible to keep something like that around. You make it sound like the park rider is the minority here, but that changing very fast. Boulder really started something and alot of places are following, dedicating more and more terrain to parks. Look at Mountain creek who dedicated an entire peak to park, and now mount snow has done a similar thing. i mean sure park still most likely has not surpassed the weekend day trippers making their way in from new york and other places but they are sure becoming a major part of the mountain and are changing how mountains have to look at the way they do their business. Either way, im sure bear will be opening terrain as soon as they can whether it be a hike park or an entire trail. Hopefully its soon b/c im getting the itch realllllll bad haha.

No doubt park rides bring in a lot of $$.I still think they are in the minority in the cash flow for the season.BB doesn't have the whole wedding/corperate thing going on as does BC which bring in major cash flow.It really comes down to the weather and logistics of it all.

I think BC has done a pretty good job of balance between park riders and the beginner/family outing crowd,so I don't think we'll see a permanent expansion of the park.Yea I know they did stuff on Timberline,but that was the very end of the season.

Oh yeah, no way would they ever convert the whole mountain to park, that would be dumb on their part. But I dont think its out of the question to see some sort of early season park type thing. sall im saying

Park is played, time to start racing, that will be the new trend!

rail jam at bear nov 24th? shed some light.

woops messed up on my math.

11/21/2008 - BC Ironworks Event

Evening of Friday, November 21 in the Lodge. Freestyle movie premiers (titles to be announced) and a Rail jam in the base area (weather permitting). Open forum with BC ironworks park crew. More details coming soon!

straight from the bear website