Killington question

sexkitten

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere last year that the Skyeship gondola @ Killington isn't 100% open during the week. Is this still true? Bob and I are thinking about doing a midweek, late February trip this year but don't want to go if we can't access all of the terrain. Thanks in advance.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere last year that the Skyeship gondola @ Killington isn't 100% open during the week. Is this still true? Bob and I are thinking about doing a midweek, late February trip this year but don't want to go if we can't access all of the terrain. Thanks in advance.

The lower half of Skyeship did not run most mon-thurs last year, some weekends too. I don't think anyone knows for certain what Powder's plans are but I don't think it is likely to change. I would imagine at some point there will be an announcement, you may want to call them.

If you end up not going to Killy, Sugarbush is a good alternative as it's only 30 or 40 mins further.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they plan to have lower Skyeship running conditions permitting of course.

I have a couple classes with some of the department managers and from what they said...

The Skyship Gondola (upper and lower) will be running 7 days a week throughout the entire season (if the conditions are ski-able)... But the base lodge will have limited services...

I'm not sure about Pico's days/hours...

Have you ever been to Okemo? They don't have a gondola, but they have some great green/blue cruiser trails.

Stowe's also nice.

Haven't been to Smugg's...

Stowe's gondolas are luxurious

Hence the $2000.00 + trip price tag.

I have a couple classes with some of the department managers and from what they said the Skyship Gondola (upper and lower) will be running 7 days a week throughout the entire season (if the conditions are ski-able)...

Have you ever been to Okemo? They don't have a gondola, but they have some great green/blue cruiser trails...

Stowe's also nice.

Thanks for the K Mart gondola update. That's what I was hoping for.

We did Okemo last year during a huge snow dump. The cruisers were covered in feet of fresh powder so I didn't really get to experience them fully groomed. Besides that there was just not enough apres ski for us. Since we went mid week only one restaurant was open in the whole resort. I wasn't looking to club or eat at a different spot every night but some variety would have been nice. Seriously the hotel was like the Overlook... deserted. I kept looking for Grady and those spooky ass twins.

As for Stowe... it does look really nice but the new hotel was like $2,600.00. To rich for even me this year. Oh well.

Edited by sexkitten