TR 11/26

AtomicSkier

I pulled into the lot around 2:35, bought my ticket, and booted up. I was really impressed with all the natural snow around JFBB, including on the turnpike, several inches at least. I booted up and started walking towards the lifts. I saw a lone SUV in the parking lot, and saw a familiar person walking away from it. None other then BigDaddyK.

We sampled a little of everything at BB. Fresh cord for the first two runs, then started to break up into a nice surface. A few runs later I saw someone where almost the exact same thing as me, though, I was lacking an orange helmet. It was PASR's own gdthomas. Ken and I did skied mostly BB Trail. Ken was only planning on doing an hour session as he had some stuff to do, but he ended up staying a little longer. Did 12 runs with him, and then two by myself, and then met up with homeboys Trev, Justo, and Dan, as well as Dan's friend. Did a few runs with them down BB Trail exporing the sides. They seemed to really enjoy the tree pillow that Justo had found :o After a few runs they headed over to the park.

By 5 the sun was finally down enough that the lights actually worked, so I could finally see what I was skiing on. I did a quick few laps down BB trail and then left. Overall a VERY nice thanksgiving-eve ski session good for 25 runs. Conditions were very nice, JFBB really puts out a quality product. It's a shame Blue opens on friday :lol:

Happy thanksgiving everyone!

...Ken and I did skied mostly BB Trail. Ken was only planning on doing an hour session as he had some stuff to do, but he ended up staying a little longer. Did 12 runs with him, and then two by myself, and then met up with homeboys Trev, Justo, and Dan, as well as Dan's friend. ...

I was debating on whether to go, or not, since I didn't have much time. I was glad I went, since Thursday will be a slacking day. I still think that Merry Widow, on the right side, had the best snow. I almost wanted to do a few more laps, on Widow, after my last run. I think this will be the last day of the season on my short skis...I'm tired of sliding turns. It was worth the 12 runs and 96000 vert :lol: .

Edited by bigdaddyk

for what was open it was alot

Should they pro-rate per acre? If camelback is charging $10 for 1 trail, and boulder is charging $25 for 4, who has the better deal?

I have no problem with $25, for me the ticket at the end is incidental compared to the cost in time of getting free to go so they could be charging full price and if I could go I would. I remember back when I was in high school and couldn't afford to spend any money skiing aside from my season pass and I can understand if that is the situation, but then you don't have a season pass to JFBB and it is not a surprise they are open early so you kind of have to deal with it or wait until the mountain you do have a pass to opens.