Reverse Camber

Santa Clauss

Missed this thread somehow. Nick regarding the Never Summer RC. My wife got me a 158 SLR for Christmas. I must say I am sold on it 150%. Unlike the normal RC the Never Summer has the dual camber set up which gives you all the benefits of normal RC, but with crazy edge hold at high speeds. Presses great, turns great, holds a edge great. Now I just hope I run into some powder in VT next month to see how it handles that.

Good to hear. I think my next purchase will be an NS Evo-R at the end of the season.

Missed this thread somehow. Nick regarding the Never Summer RC. My wife got me a 158 SLR for Christmas. I must say I am sold on it 150%. Unlike the normal RC the Never Summer has the dual camber set up which gives you all the benefits of normal RC, but with crazy edge hold at high speeds. Presses great, turns great, holds a edge great. Now I just hope I run into some powder in VT next month to see how it handles that.

Thanks for the review. I'm going to be in need of a new board at the end of the season, and RC or not it will be a Never Summer. Right now my biggest issue is that they don't have the RC tech in any of their more big mountain boards. I know the SL-R is a solid all around stick, but I want something that is going to handle the pow and the steeps better. They have the Legacy-R, but I'm not convinced I need a mid-wide board. Let me know if you get it into any pow or on anything steep. Thanks!

hey, so i've come to like my banana but when it comes to pow or loose stuff, you can't beet a real freeride board, so don't expect to get a board thats great at everything, the banana can handle every condition but isn't like really GREAT at one thing, ya know what i'm saying? I usually plan it out and keep 2 boards in the car, the banana can handle the whole mountain and the park, but if i'm planning on lapping the park i'll use the DH, if i'm planning on ripping it up like with all this fresh were getting tomorrow i'll use my old rossi freeride...

I haven't ridden other RC boards but from what I get out of it is you cant have a great park board that can handle steeps and powder, if you do find something that say's it can do it all, you'll probably be loosing performance in some aspect.

hey, so i've come to like my banana but when it comes to pow or loose stuff, you can't beet a real freeride board, so don't expect to get a board thats great at everything, the banana can handle every condition but isn't like really GREAT at one thing, ya know what i'm saying? I usually plan it out and keep 2 boards in the car, the banana can handle the whole mountain and the park, but if i'm planning on lapping the park i'll use the DH, if i'm planning on ripping it up like with all this fresh were getting tomorrow i'll use my old rossi freeride...

I haven't ridden other RC boards but from what I get out of it is you cant have a great park board that can handle steeps and powder, if you do find something that say's it can do it all, you'll probably be loosing performance in some aspect.

Yea thats a problem once you get more than one board you like. I was constantly hopping between boards that were ideal for this or that and it sucked.

I am wondering if RC on a really floppy board would be ideal for trees and bumps. My super stiff carving board is a bear in moguls and trees but my park board is actually a blast because you can move around a lot easier, I imagine an RC board would be even better.

yeah the banana can handle the bumps well and turns great, i'm just sayin tho its just feels so much damn better on a true freeride board IMO plus since I don't really care about the board I go off the trail even if i know it may damage the base, just fill'er up with ptex and its good to go, the edges are completely ground up tho, but the board's 5 years old and it weighs a ton, i'm not sure how much the stance is set back but its atleast 2-3 inches, the nose is long and the tail is stubby, it floats like a dream in the pow with no effort. plus I only paid $100 for it so...

It just hurts so bad when (Inside) sliding off a rail on edge on the banana, i just know i'm killing my edges, thats why I love the DH, detuned and it has the slimewalls so it practically bounces off stuff when i whack it hard.

What is your reasoning, I have read and heard people saying that this years cambered tech won't even be implemented next year due to RC.

RC boards are fun, but in a different way then a normal cambered board. For freeriding i'd easily go with a Normal cambered board, you just don't get the same pop out of turns with RC. Burton 71 also has a good point with pipe boards.

Yeah man, RC is nice, but normal camber has been around for a long time, if it was so much inferior, someone would have thought of RC a long time ago right? I mean its not like it opens up a whole new level of performance right? just makes things a little easier, like i said before, the banana is very versatile but is not amazing at one thing in particular.

Normal camber still makes sense, especially in a freeride board where you would want pressure on your tip and tail, RC feels like your turning with your entire side but NC is with your 4 corners which feels better in certain circumstances.

apparently K2 is doing away with the zeppelin (which has NC) next year and replacing it with a new board that has no camber. from what i am told they are saying that no camber allows quicker edge to edge control and reduces chatter at high speeds.

Edited by zaldon

apparently K2 is doing away with the zeppelin (which has NC) next year and replacing it with a new board that has no camber. from what i am told they are saying that no camber allows quicker edge to edge control and reduces chatter at high speeds.

So they are making something like Salomon's Answer? And to do away with the Zeppelin.. that board has been in there line forever.