12/14 TR

riderossi

Well with the day off and promises of nice weather i decided to head up to the mountain for the first day of the season at Sno. Left the house around 1:50 and was in the parking lot by 2, a decent amount of cars, but nothing extraordinary. Started the day off with a run down Cannonball. Snow was pretty nice in the middle but lots of granular pushed off to the sides was the story of the day. After another run down Cannonball it was off to Boomer where bumps were there greet you at the top of the headwall. There wasn't a whole lot of rhythm to them in some spots but fun nonetheless, and it made my legs burn. Coming off the quad i spotted Dave and we took some runs down Lightning which i was a little skeptic about, being the first day, but it was worth it. It, of course, was bumped up and the trees had plenty of snow in them from the tower guns across the trail. After a run or two down that we proceeded to hit Smoke, and another run down Boomer. Once he headed out i spent the rest of my time lapping Lightning. I left some time around 4:30 with a total of 14 runs all on the northface. All in all it was a fun day and conditions were very nice with only a very small amount of ice at the run outs of the trails which did no harm anyway. Some pics (poor, cell phone quality) from Lightning and Phoebe:

sno3.jpg

panorama middle of lightning in the woods looking towards the bottom

sno5.jpg

lightning woods looking towards the top

sno-1.jpg

panorama of lightning woods looking towards the top

sno2.jpg

riding the quad back to the top

It was fantastic, the woods to the right of lightning were loaded with snow, if you look hard you can find a little drop off maybe 3 or 4 ft down in the woods, kinda sketchy on a board and really technical really fun, go through the woods for a hundred feet or so and comes out to a little kicker back onto the trail! Tons of loose gran which is great on the banana, the board was amazing... all the trails on nf were great, i got a good workout killin the bumps on lightning and smoke. this weekend i went up friday night saturday day and came back night and came sunday afternoon until around 4 and from those pics looks like i should have stayed a little longer!

Ohh yea and "Open this week, December 17th Wednesday to December 19th Friday, 3pm