SkiDude is Obsessed!!

Papasteeze

In just a few short weeks I found Skidude at Nastar, PASR, Freeskier - only he knows how many more... I think it is an honor that should be bestowed on him!! This guy promotes skiing in public forums more than anyone I have seen to date. :rock I bet he has blisters on his fingers!! makes me wonder, when does he ski?? :blink:

Don't anybody get me wrong on this.. I am very impressed.. :woot

I love a good debate and I haven't seen the racer vs freestyler debate on this board yet - So I will take a stab at generating a new Topic This excerpt was taken from the Freeskier forum. Read and weep or add a reply!!! :devil:

From skidude

Tanner is a YoYO new kid on the block. Take a look on the skiing industry worldwide, Tanner is a no name fellow, part of a so called "image" marketing strategy. Most of the bigger skiing markets, like the European Alps, Japan and Scandinavia doesn`t even take notice of him. Maybe this is what makes him mad/sad whatever... Bode Miller is a livin legend and among the super stars in the skiing world. Tanner is not havin a clean image (I remember that smokin drugs movie) and that makes him no good model at all. For me, the winner is Bode Miller !

(actually I like the newschool style...)

My reply...........

Skidude,

Holy cow and I thought I was obsessive... Great debate, the Tanner thing.. You should add it to your PASR forum - that should heat things up :devil: Think of this... Negative comments spark emotions and attention, albeit negative attention. Keep in mind, that attention is what generates sales... Sales are what keep things rolling... Tanner is no dummy - he IS self promoting, self serving and very calculating or he is a very lucky, yet talented skiier.. In the end, all of the attention is good for the skiing industry as a whole.. I say, "go Tanner, stir the shit up, make a big stink".. Just my humble (yet brutaly honest) opinon..

Signed,

The father of a SKIING freestyler and a SKI racer...

PS.... Riding is for the majority of people that can't ski....... :nana

i dont really have a reason for hating racing or anything racing does. but one thing i dont understand is being a skier how can you ski the whole day at cb without getting bored. the runs take 2 seconds and the blacks are only good on some days. parks made east coast skiers like skiing again. when i go down the park i can spend 10 minutes on it hiking stuff and what not. this is just like racing you ride one course all day fixing little things to get the fastest speed, and making your self a better skier. same with hiking the park, trying to get the biggest air styliest trick. i dont hate racing at all, well, just the tight spandex suits. im not a big fan of those.

If wearing a clown suit made you go faster, then we'd all wear clown suits. Speed suits are uncomfortable and you freeze your ass off. If Tanner Hall could score higher with a speed suit on 'cause judges could see rotation better, then he'd be wearing the tighest one he could buy.

and how come whenever freeskiing ever comes to a discussion tanner always comes up. i dont like tanner and i can sure as hell tell you freeskiers dont like him. his whole white ghetto rapper doesnt really fly with anyone who skis. and as for the speed suits go, it was really just a joke because i dont like seeing grown men with tight spandex on all over their body.

Edited by lineski2007

Uh, Hall and Olsen are the only one's I know. If I told you Sonja Nef looked amazing in a speed suit, I can't imagine that would mean a thing to you.

Speed suits on most grown men do look pretty bad. Sometimes they look downright grotesque, which tells you how much 1/10 of a second means to an old guy.

Uh, Hall and Olsen are the only one's I know. If I told you Sonja Nef looked amazing in a speed suit, I can't imagine that would mean a thing to you.

Speed suits on most grown men do look pretty bad. Sometimes they look downright grotesque, which tells you how much 1/10 of a second means to an old guy.

I guess i'll refrain from posting a pic of Ski999 in a speed suit :lol:

well i have to agree with you because the only racers i know are bode miller and eric slchopy or whatever his name is. sorry Sonja Nef doesnt ring a bell. kristi leskenin does though.

Edited by lineski2007

actually japanese people practically worship freeskiers. its a huge scene over there. and tanner hall is a little girl who cries when he doesnt get what he thinks is entitled to him. tanner was the only one not to congratulate gagnier after his final run in the x games. i respect anyone who can ski, whether they are a racer, a freeskier, or some 80 year old guy who's just out there cause he loves to rip. i dont, however, have any respect for tanner hall. if you're interested in furthering this, the denver post wrote another article about him the other day.

I'll have to admit... It was hard to hold back the laughter when my 10 year couldn't wait to get into his tighties.. he could care less how funny he looked, he only wants go real fast!!!!