CB Park Update

P-architect

For those of you who haven't gotten to check out our new setups in the park, here is a rundown of what you'll find...

Upper Moore's:

-30' flat box

-20' flat box

-20' step down jump

-20' flat box

-2 different style barrel bonks

Lower Moore's:

-20' down rail (flat bar)

-20' down box

-55' s-box

-Hip

Turkey Trot:

-10'x15'x10' battleship box

-3 jump line

-C-box

-corrugated garden (switched around every day!!)

Rhododendron Glen is still waiting on some more snow before we fully create all of the jumps and add in rails. Dont worry though, there are BIG plans for that trail in the near future. I cant wait to get started.

Can you post the details on those jumps in the "3 jump line" in Turkey Trot?

Thanks.

The 3 jump on turkey trot is slightly smaller than the 3 jump line on Love if you ride boulder. The lips arn't as verticle as Love they give you a bit more distance, def a real fun jump line and you can easily clear all 3 in one run if you don't stop.

There's NOOOOO WAY that the last one was 15-25 ft...only me and 2 snowboarders did the last jump 2 days ago...it was 55 ft..at the least it was 45

Did it get smaller? or is my perception of distance horrible?

The 3 jump line on Turkey Trot is our "medium" jump line. They are all in the 15-25ft range...not too big not too small.

Were you there today? I'm working on building that into a 2-3 jump tabletop line with possibly a "junkyard" type park at the bottom. If you guys have ideas toss them out now!!!

Ya I was there for a few runs this morning but my boots were still wet from last night so I didn't stay long. The second jump is money but I definately liked the way the first one was before it was turned into a tabletop jump. The previous 3 jump line on turkey I think was perfect for people to get used to hitting em fast enough to clear and get that hang time feeling much more than tabletops. I think tabletops kinda let you speed check more and not worry about landing flat which is fine but the gap jumps prepped people for Rhodo much better. Wipe out those small wedges that make you land flat in the progression park and build a nice tabletop there:)

Just my opinion though I'm sure whatever gets built will be fun to ride, Upper moores is great! Love flat boxes. A nice fun long butter pad somewhere would be awesome too:) I'm definately not the best of riders out there so my views are mainly from a progression stand point.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

• 2 weeks later...
You should definately put a rail line in rhodo next to the jumps

I wish you guys would switch stuff up... the 3 box line is fun and all but it gets old after at least 3-4 weeks of riding it. Saw some rails being put into Rhodo so I'm pretty stoked on that. Hope you guys impress me haha.

I wish you guys would switch stuff up... the 3 box line is fun and all but it gets old after at least 3-4 weeks of riding it. Saw some rails being put into Rhodo so I'm pretty stoked on that. Hope you guys impress me haha.

Agreed but by all means don't remove the 3 flat boxes just move em around:) Everyone loves flat boxes.

I still don't understand why the progression park has its own new little trail behinde the Titan though.... The trail is flat and totally lacks transition, the flat boxes are completely burried I would consider them more of a booby trap in the snow rather than a good starter box to learn on they're impossible to boardslide because they're literally even with the snow level. I mean why not keep it where it was on the glade where the small half pipe still exists that is serviced by its own lift. The trail is now a total waste as it is identicle to the difficulty of meadows right next to it which can also be accessed from the meadows lift. I suppose you guys did it with intent of using the laurel glade trail for ski school but.... just dosn't make much sense to me so much room for features and theres already a half pipe on it waste!?

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

P_Architect, good job on the progression park rebuild. The jibs are much better as they are now above the snow so new park riders can get the feel for board sliding instead of riding over a hidden box thats completely level with the snow. It's actually quite a fun little park if you happen to be comming down any trail that runs into meadows. Good job shrinking the jump in there so anyone hitting them with any kind of speed dosn't have to have that horrible flat landing there was before the rebuild. The Rhodo rebuild also looks real nice with the his/her lip options and a few jibs set up in there now but there is so much more room for jibs on skiers left side of the jumps, stick them double barrels back in there and that extra new 30' or 40' flat box I know you have hidden somewhere. Keep em off big piles like the flat down is on because it's just not neccessary as everyone complained about last years setup with the huge gaps and giant piles the jibs sat on although the flat down is set up very nice I'm definately not complaining.

Good job Will, keep up the good work it's been a pleasure this season!

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

So now that all of our USASA comps are over we've started revamping all of the parks. As the weather cooperates more we'll continue working on the Rhodo jumps, Lower Moore's, and Turkey Trot. If you guys have any cool ideas make sure you let me know!!

Rhododendron Glen Rail Line:

-urban 20' single barrel

-urban 10'x10'x10' down flat down

-urban 30' double barrel

I spent yesterday riding around with the infamous Luza twins, here's some footage...

http://www.vimeo.com/3182260

good edit. rails looked decent. only complaint is that theres no logos on the rails. so you gave CB's parks a facelift; get some graphics kids around the table and come up with a sick logo/paint scheme

Yea just simply from a "how it shows up in a youtube video" white/gold jibs suck because there is no contrast.

Call up the school of visual arts or something and just tell a bunch of graphitti artists (read real artists, not the jackasses tagging their name onto everything with white paint) that you have free big canvas and go Mount Snow style.

P-Architect:

The jump line on the bigger park is SICK !!!! (Rhodo?) The most fun I've ridden all year. I actually preferred it to Boulder's.

The landings were in great condition too.

What are the current sizes lip to knuckle?

When do you freshen the bigger jump line so I can plan a trip back?

The crowds and lift lines SUCKED, but I can't wait to get back to CB when the crowds are less of an issue.

Edited by TT C6