Best park in northeast pa.

girls.ride.harder

Best park in northeast pa.  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What park do you like best, THIS YEAR?

• Bear Creek
    • Big Boulder
    • Blue Mountain
    • Camelback
    • Sno Mountain

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boulder has one big flaw. Size. Depending on what you want to do, if you want to hit the big jump, you get to hit one thing, then it's back to the lift, or you get a few features per run. Were as places like Blue, you pretty much get everything in one run.

Boulder has one big flaw. Size. Depending on what you want to do, if you want to hit the big jump, you get to hit one thing, then it's back to the lift, or you get a few features per run. Were as places like Blue, you pretty much get everything in one run.

So true. It was always nice to hit 4-5 rails, a jump line, then more rails in one run. Plus a high speed lift back to the top. Boulders lifts flat out suck. Not a problem anymore though :P

Make sure to vote based on this current seasons parks and not just based on a mountains reputation

I bet there are probably only a handful of people who have visited all those parks in a short period of time this season who can objectively answer who has the best park. Any vote without actually visiting all of them is biased.

Wouldn't the best park in our area be the one that offers the best value? The longest season and the most features make for the "best park" IMO The other stuff like ticket price, quality of snow, speed of the lifts, the infestation of noobs and gapers, how often the layouts are changed, and how well they are maintained could drag the value down if one or more of those things has a lot of importance to the individual voting for or against who has the "best park"

Here, This is a suggested formula by using facts to help determine who has the best park. IMO of course.

Take the number of features (jibs and Jumps) at height of season multiply times the days the park is open (typical season) divided by the cost of a unlimited adult season pass.

Big Boulder Features = 38 each park is rebuilt every 2-3 weeks. Maintenance is performed every few hours

Freedom - 10

Central - 3

Tannebau - 5

Snowdrift - 4

Love Park - 7

The Plaza - 6

Boulder - 3

Ramplestilt - 1

Average Big Boulder Season Nov 15th to April 15 = 150 days Last season opened Nov 10, this season Nov 20th

Adult Pass after 10-31 = $599 (7-18yrs = $499) save $100 by purchasing before 10-31, I should add that Boulder in previous years dring March, sells a pass for around $350 that allows you to ride the rest of the season and the next. If you are a weekend rider, if you pay weekend rates individually for the remainder of the season, that money will pay for the entire following season! essentially allowing you to ski for free!

So, 38 Features X 150 days divided by $599 Pass = a 9.51 rating.

Using that formula, how do the other parks rate?

um, thats not an average season considering thats the longest season they ever had. reevaluate your formula and equation.

yeah should have said last years season anyways.. nov 10th last year, and they would have opened on Nov 1st this year if they could have but weather.. Nov 20 this year. I don't remember closing dates but they were well into April. so going short..... April 1st.

38x130/599=8.25 happy now? ;)

Someone do Blue CB and Bear.

Haha Thats a very good way to calculate the true value of a park. You are also right that a lot of the results have a possibility to be biased since a decent amount of people don`t have the opportunity or motivation to check out all of the parks. But I don't want this survey to get too technical. I just want people to vote based on where they are having the most fun at this season.

The number of features doesnt automatically make a park better thought. Any mountain could take various things and call them features, even like cafeteria trays spread out in the park to "bonk" on. Im pretty sure how much you can hit in one run, how fast you can lap the park, and how well things are set up are huge factors also.

The number of features doesnt automatically make a park better thought. Any mountain could take various things and call them features, even like cafeteria trays spread out in the park to "bonk" on. Im pretty sure how much you can hit in one run, how fast you can lap the park, and how well things are set up are huge factors also.

:)

GREAT THREAD !!!!! :)

I would like to hit as many of these parks as possible in a 1 week period so I can accurately compare them all.

How do we get a dicounted lift ticket at all these spots so we can make our decisions for next year's season pass ???

I'll take quality over other factors every time.

I'd rather deal hit 3 great features in a row and then get on a slow lift with practically NO LINES instead of hitting many shitty features that are poorly designed with bombed out icy landings and a fast lift with TONS of people.

I hate the whole rivalry thing of who is better and who sucks, it defeats what i believe the purpose of snowboarding is. And, that is to get out there with your boys and shred however hard you wanna shred with being criticized because its recreation. With that being said i have been doing the majority of my riding at Camelback. Blue just doesnt seem to have it together this year, they are more focused on there stupid TV show than having a good park crew. All of boulders good features got sent to vermont thanks to Mt. Snow. Camelback has had a new feature in almost everytime i have gone. The layout has changed more times than i can count. The grooming is fantastic. The crew is out there all the time with rakes. I think boulders reign has come and is now on its way out. But like i said before who cares. Go out and ride and have fun and take in every park for its good points instead of complaining about what isnt being done. There is so much more being done for the freestyle community than ever before by all the resorts.

Blue just doesnt seem to have it together this year, they are more focused on there stupid TV show than having a good park crew. All of boulders good features got sent to vermont thanks to Mt. Snow.

Hm, thats quite a thing to say. Have you even been to blue recently, I`m going to guess no. It has the best park that is has ever had right now. The park crew is ALWAYS out there doing something and they are the reason that the park is so different this year compared to others. And boulder, they didn`t just send all of their stuff to Carinthia, they made alot of it and boulder still has a large amount of features.It sounds like you haven`t been there recently either. Oh and at blue, the only time you`ll hear anyone talking about the tv show or being "focused" on it is when they are making fun of it.

All of boulders good features got sent to vermont thanks to Mt. Snow. Camelback has had a new feature in almost everytime i have gone. The layout has changed more times than i can count. The grooming is fantastic. The crew is out there all the time with rakes. I think boulders reign has come and is now on its way out. But like i said before who cares. Go out and ride and have fun and take in every park for its good points instead of complaining about what isnt being done. There is so much more being done for the freestyle community than ever before by all the resorts.

Mt. Snow got all their own features made. Nothing got "sent" to Mt. Snow. And boulders reign is for sure not on its way out. Has any of you been there this past week? They are in tip top shape and probably have one of the biggest/best jumps on the east coast right now.

Five parks thats are perfect plus the plaza. The best jumps in PA. A season where you can ride the park for 6 months straight. Some of the best snow conditions all the time in PA.

How can you beat that?

Hm, thats quite a thing to say. Have you even been to blue recently, I`m going to guess no. It has the best park that is has ever had right now. The park crew is ALWAYS out there doing something and they are the reason that the park is so different this year compared to others. And boulder, they didn`t just send all of their stuff to Carinthia, they made alot of it and boulder still has a large amount of features.It sounds like you haven`t been there recently either. Oh and at blue, the only time you`ll hear anyone talking about the tv show or being "focused" on it is when they are making fun of it.

Blue's park is siiiick. i'm going up right now to ski it. nothing is poorly designed this year. there are no bombed out landings. lips on the rails are primo, jumps are perfect. the only thing i hate is that stupid bus. but at least there is a nice gap onto it now to make it not so lame. i dont see how people can hate on Blue without being there this year. the park is like a whole new place compared to years in the past.

boulder is by far the best park in the northeast pa. have you seen transworld? boulder was like 5th best... i didnt see blue anywhere? besides blue is too icy after dark and the features in the past have been to circus like, granted i have not seen the "new" rebuild which you all alledge is givin boulder a run for its money(which is not possible sorry guys and gal) does your mountain havE a jib anything and build whatever policy? no. your mountain gives tickets for going too fast on a mountain. Does blue hold the trans am or any "major" contest for that matter? NO i'm sorry i just do not believe it is possible to be better than boulder

i dont see how people can hate on Blue without being there this year. the park is like a whole new place compared to years in the past.

it takes more than one good build to become the best.

no doubt boulder is good, and no one comes close with jumps. but the atmosphere there just cantains a few too many cocky assholes for my likeing. and i enjoy blue but i usually am content a few days a year there, however im really looking forward to checking out their park this year. but like they say there is no place like home, and being away from them all at college makes me realize i would take a day at bear over any of them, not a doubt in my mind.

GREAT THREAD !!!!! :)

I would like to hit as many of these parks as possible in a 1 week period so I can accurately compare them all.

How do we get a dicounted lift ticket at all these spots so we can make our decisions for next year's season pass ???

I'll take quality over other factors every time.

I'd rather deal hit 3 great features in a row and then get on a slow lift with practically NO LINES instead of hitting many shitty features that are poorly designed with bombed out icy landings and a fast lift with TONS of people.

When was the last time you rode blue? From every other post you make, it seems as though you haven't ridden there for quite some time. Therefore you can't accurately judge Blue's' park, and from the way you speak, any other park this year.

I have ridden and seen every park on that list this year except Sno, So i think i know at least a bit of what most of the mountains have to offer.. The only one i'd like to see again would be camelback as i haven't been there since around a week or 2 after the park was open so im sure it's changed a bit since then

Edit: The only way i really know of to get discount tix is through shops like Buckmans. Other then that, mountains aren't just giving those out yet.

Edited by Dan-

boulder is by far the best park in the northeast pa. have you seen transworld? boulder was like 5th best... i didnt see blue anywhere? besides blue is too icy after dark and the features in the past have been to circus like, granted i have not seen the "new" rebuild which you all alledge is givin boulder a run for its money(which is not possible sorry guys and gal) does your mountain havE a jib anything and build whatever policy? no. your mountain gives tickets for going too fast on a mountain. Does blue hold the trans am or any "major" contest for that matter? NO i'm sorry i just do not believe it is possible to be better than boulder

it takes more than one good build to become the best.

You must not have read the very first post. I said to base your votes off of THIS YEARS parks and not reputations which is what you seem to be doing. No doubt boulder is sick and i do think its the best, but it takes more then just a super good park to get noticed like boulder has. You have to look at their event coordinator and pr guy Ian, he does a hell of a job with getting the mountains name out there and getting events together which has alot to do with why boulder is so known in the industry. Since blue doesn`t have anyone like that, you can`t really judge it by how noticed it is, you have to judge it by actually going there, and you haven`t, so dont knock it before you`ve rode it.

haha. im completely biased in this poll.. the only park i've ever ridden is killington and bear creek... never been any other place ever.. haha..

but i've read so much about BB's park in their site...and bear creek doesn't have NEAR as many parks as BB does.. and judging on what other ppl said.. i just voted BB. haha.. =P