Looking to buy skiis

Rage710

I have always rented my skis when I go...but im tired of all the kiddies runnin around in there driving me nuts. What kind of skis do you reccomend me getting? Where do you think I should buy it from?

I ski blues and starting to black diamonds.

Edit: Wow, I mispelled skis :confused

Edited by Rage710

:welcome:

How old are you?

How long have you been skiing?

How often do you ski?

Where do you ski most?

Would you rather "cruise" or "fly"?

No matter what I'd say hold out until the end of the season, when you can get GREAT deals... Check Ebay if you know what you want, or, go talk to a rep at a store and determine something good, and then tell him you need to think about it more. Head home and buy em on ebay.

Just my 2cents

:welcome:

How old are you?

How long have you been skiing?

How often do you ski?

Where do you ski most?

Would you rather "cruise" or "fly"?

No matter what I'd say hold out until the end of the season, when you can get GREAT deals... Check Ebay if you know what you want, or, go talk to a rep at a store and determine something good, and then tell him you need to think about it more. Head home and buy em on ebay.

Just my 2cents

2 years (originally from florida)

Not too much, but Im starting to to more and more

Camelback (I like JFBB too)

Cruise

Okay, I'll look around and wait till end of season.

Keep in mind, if you want a ski you'll keep for awhile, you may not always want to be cruising. So try to find a ski that doesn't chatter at high speeds. Your probably looking for regular skis, so I can't really help you there. But if you want twins, just say the word.

Yeah I want regular skis. I thought he meant my other alternative would be racing skis.

Yeah I want regular skis. I thought he meant my other alternative would be racing skis.

salomon makes some great skis for non-racing applications. They have a product selector that will help you pick out what you want...

http://www.salomonski.com/us/selector.asp

I have no experience with lowend Atomics, though I'm pretty sure the whole salomon lineup is pretty nice. Good luck!

My husband and I upgraded from beginner skis this season and our local ski shop recommended the Salomon Streetracers.

I'm not really into speed but more enjoying carving turns and these Salomon's are terrific. Just shift the body weight and the skis practically turn for you with little effort.

They were a bit cheaper than Atomics.

My husband and I upgraded from beginner skis this season and our local ski shop recommended the Salomon Streetracers. 

I'm not really into speed but more enjoying carving turns and these Salomon's are terrific.  Just shift the body weight and the skis practically turn for you with little effort. 

They were a bit cheaper than Atomics.

I believe Skimom demoed some Streetracers ? Or that was at least what Skidude said, maybe she can offer some input...

I demoed them last season, and she demoed them this season. Both of us have very good things to say about them, but I would worry they would be a little too demanding (streetracer 10s)...Maybe try the streetracer 9s (do they make those, or just 8s???)

Also Volkl 4 or 5 stars, atomics C or R series, and I am drawing a blank on all other skis....

salomon makes some great skis for non-racing applications.  They have a product selector that will help you pick out what you want...

http://www.salomonski.com/us/selector.asp

I have no experience with lowend Atomics, though I'm pretty sure the whole salomon lineup is pretty nice.  Good luck!

The Salomon's look nice. How are they on price?