high winds on the 12th?

doubletwos

with the high winds on the 12th of February would the resorts possibly close or shut down the lifts for a while? some of the gusts are predicted to be over 45 mph. I was thinking of heading to Camelback or Blue mt. but i would hate to get there and have it closed.

Anyone have any experience with this kind of weather and what the ski resorts will do? thanks

The only lifts at Blue worth riding wouldn't run, the 6 pack sits out in the open and the quad runs kind of high. GSS can correct me if I'm wrong but the quad mostly runs in the open and above tree line.

The only chance you have is to find a low to the ground fixed grip that is hemmed in by trees. I can't think of any but somebody here might know one.

If it was me I might bring a rap setup too as it would just save alot of time. LULZ

Camelwack will shut down their lifts for SURE.....

I was in Stratton in December with 50mph gusts and all their high speed lifts were running.. they put the gondi on wind hold, but not any of the others..

Why do they shut em down a lot quicker in Pa compared to Vt, Co, etc.. ?? Extra cautious I guess..

Bullshit

The thunderstorm is my only concern.... and its supposed to be gone by 1AM.

the forecast says no rain 1AM to 4AM then rain and snow showers all day long.

The only reason they will close the lifts is lightning.

So I'll be there tomorrow. How about you?

AND just how accurate is the weather report anyway?

We were supposed to get rain yesterday and today but had nothing but blue skies until 3PM.

I had 2 of my fastest rides of all time today in 68 degrees and blue skis and sunshine and wouldn't

have gone at all if I listened to the weatherman.

GO ski.

Maybe we'll get lucky and those tightly packed isobars on the map are really just a computer error..Wind is all about straightlining and getting in a low tuck..up north and out west, the trees are the place to be on windy days but the glades in PA aren't doing so well..anyway don't get pissed at the wind..a day skiing or riding is still JADIP

Wind wont effect my normal riding much but it makes jumps sketchy if it comes from the wrong direction. Nothing like hitting a jump, going up, and stopping mid air and falling onto the deck.