BCIW Invitational Weekend

Un1nC_ShR3D

Friday Feb. 27th Rail Jam

Saturday Feb. 28th Slopestyle qualifiers

Sunday Mar. 1 Slopestyle finals

Apparently you need an invite from Bear to participate in both events. I'm guessing Bear will rebuild one of the parks for this event but which one will it be? Anyone here get an invite?

no you just need to register and be accepted. only 30 people in each class so its not jam packed with endless amounts of riders. so that means register asap if your planning on competing in the open class.

ill be there for all 3 events.

I'll be there. question though...i know it says that they're taking 30 applications for the open/invite class. Does anyone know how many they're taking for the finals of slope on sunday? If they don't get many people registered is there a need for the qualifier on saturday? IE: If they only get 10 or so entries for the open/invite class and (i would assume) about that many would have been taken for finals, do they need the qual?

youd have to ask andy but my guess would be that they will still have it considering it would mess up peoples plans and bear creeks scheduling. my guess is they will have no problem getting 30 snowboarders so it will still be on.

no way there are going to be 30 skiers though. what kevin is saying is, whats the point in qualifying when you don't need to narrow down the field. for people who don't have a pass to bear it'd suck to have to show up on saturday only to find out that there are 10 skiers and they don't need to do quals.

In my opinion, to have a legit contest which i am assuming bear wants; they have to make it cash prizes and no entry fee, or at least make an entry fee which then goes to the winners. A lot of people are not going to be doing this contest because there are no cash prizes and the entry fee is too high, esp. when there is a contest at hunter mountain the same weekend with no entry fee and a bunch of cash prizes. Inviting people is supposed to attract good riders which a lot are sponsored and don't even need or want the swag that bear gives out if you win.

wow a 300 dollars thats pretty weak. that wasnt even 3rd at the buckmans contest. this whole invitational thing is a joke if they ever really wanted it to go anywhere it would be an open series where anyone could do it. and 35 dollars for both contests is ridiculous, were not made of money. to me it sounds like there trying to make money on this which isnt usually the idea behind a contest, its to promote your company/ store and at higher levels to push the level of snowboarding or skiing which is impossible for bear to do cause they cant even build a good course 90 % of the time. if i do end up doing this its only because im trying to win a board for my friend whos just got stolen.

wow a 300 dollars thats pretty weak. that wasnt even 3rd at the buckmans contest. this whole invitational thing is a joke if they ever really wanted it to go anywhere it would be an open series where anyone could do it. and 35 dollars for both contests is ridiculous, were not made of money. to me it sounds like there trying to make money on this which isnt usually the idea behind a contest, its to promote your company/ store and at higher levels to push the level of snowboarding or skiing which is impossible for bear to do cause they cant even build a good course 90 % of the time. if i do end up doing this its only because im trying to win a board for my friend whos just got stolen.

really if you think about it 300 is pretty good because u don't really have to do anything they are giving you 300 for being good at snowboarding which you prolly like anyway considering your out there riding all the time and will be good at snowboarding regardless of any competitions. if you were at the buckmans contest to know what the prize was you should know that bear creeks course will be 10x better than that because that course was WEAK.

oh wait,so there is an invite only class? thats the point of the invite deal?

this is my take. there is an Invite class, and only the invite class will include cash prizes. In order to be invited, you need(ed) to submit an application to be considered. 30 applicants will be accepted. Other classes will have product prizes and no application needed to compete. For the slopestyle, there is a qualifier on saturday to determine finalists (i'm assuming 10) on sunday.

$400 is actually horrible, I'll wipe my ass with that, even thought my ass is already clean, then I'll burn it and use the flame to light my blunt.

you must be rather privileged if you think an extra $400 in your pocket isnt worth your time. even with a full time job, i'd certainly take another $400 on top of my weekly pay. props to bear for stepping up and giving some cash, as well as a ton of gear, for this thing. it's been a fun comp for the past few years and you guys always seem to have more and more product every year.