Update from the State Championships

Ski

Word has it that our little 'Dude finished run one of the State Championship GS at Elk in 19th, then held his own in run two to be somewhere around 20th place.

For perspective, he's among the youngest of 80 or so boys ranging from 15 to 19 yrs. Top 40 would be good; top 30 excellent. But 20th?

There's another GS-- and also a slalom-- this weekend.

The 'Dude had a very good day. Maybe Iceman will treat him to that Dangerous Curves place down the road from Elk?

The 'dude was awesome all weekend, though Friday was his best. He can fill you in when he gets home.

P.S. The place is Radical Curves, and it looked scuzzy. Fortunately, it was not necessary to include it in the 'dudes agenda - He got enough attention from all of the cute J2's.

The 'dude was awesome all weekend, though Friday was his best.  He can fill you in when he gets home. 

P.S. The place is Radical Curves, and it looked scuzzy.  Fortunately, it was not necessary to include it in the 'dudes agenda - He got enough attention from all of the cute J2's.

:rock nice work dude, can't wait to hear how ya did :woot

On Friday I skied a 117ish point race (if my mental math is correct at 730 am)...About 72 race points and 45 added to the penatly. I came in 21st.

Yesterday in the slalom I came in 30th over all ( about 186 total points)

Not sure how I did today, but I would guess around 160 points...We will see when the results come out.

Anyway as far as the snow goes it was really soft and powdery...which means ruts. All 3 days there was one turn on the headwall with hardpack, and everything else really required a whole different style to ski it.

Well we shall see how my points are whenever the come out with the final results...

On Friday I skied a 117ish point race (if my mental math is correct at 730 am)...About 72 race points and 45 added to the penatly.  I came in 21st.

Yesterday in the slalom I came in 30th over all ( about 186 total points)

Not sure how I did today, but I would guess around 160 points...We will see when the results come out.

Anyway as far as the snow goes it was really soft and powdery...which means ruts.  All 3 days there was one turn on the headwall with hardpack, and everything else really required a whole different style to ski it.

Well we shall see how my points are whenever the come out with the final results...

:rock:rock congrats man, great job!

The 'dude was awesome all weekend, though Friday was his best.  He can fill you in when he gets home. 

P.S. The place is Radical Curves, and it looked scuzzy.  Fortunately, it was not necessary to include it in the 'dudes agenda - He got enough attention from all of the cute J2's.

So forget the sking, how did everything work out with J2 ladies? Did the dude bring any home, or at least back to the lodge?