Using Base Cleaners

PAsnwboardr

my daily wax is SWIX universal...900g is like $35 from reliableracing.com

http://www.reliableracing.com/detail.cfm?e...3&reload=no

with the amount of skis i wax each week, i go through it pretty quickly.

I always stop by there on my way home from VT. Great shop, you can learn a lot from talking with those guys

• 2 weeks later...
I use Dr. D's stuff, usually the red or the green hydro, occasionally the "universal", but only if the weather is just plain all over the place. Only time I ever wished for another wax was Sunday, temps were REALLY REALLY low (not as bad as today, but hovering around zero by 1 PM) and on my first run I went into the shade on a flat section. Major mistake. Had to shuffle my way out of it. All was fine an hour later, but Swix CH4 is better once you get into the sib-zero range. I just hate using it, it feels like it'll never come off, won't even scrape unless you reheat it. I thought I'd trashed my skis at the beginning of this season, the stuff is like painting on enamel or something. (This is the Swix CH4). But, it glides where no one has glided before, to paraphrase an old TV show.

sib -

Try using the Swix Low-fluor version of CH4 or at least mixing some of that with your hydrocarbon stuff. I typically use the Swix hot wax (solid) F4 mixed with the low-fluor temp specific on top of a graphite-hydrocarbon base (NOT base-prep) layer. I've also started experimenting with Dr. D's fluoro-graphite warm/cold waxes.

Edited by JollyJake99