TR 3-13-2009

RidgeRacer

Just back from a fun night at CB. I decided to pass up Boulder to take advantage of CB's free ticket for other Mt. pass holders (Thank you Camelback). I got my ticket and hit the Sullivan. On the way up I noticed that they still have a lot of snow with a pretty huge base in some spots. I made my first run on the Asp and found lots of sugar with ice, then over to The Rocket...same thing so I decided to see how it was over on the East side of the Mt. for a few runs on one of my favorite trails at CB ....The Pharaoh. Pharaoh was fun but icy still and Cliffy was more of the same.

After making a few laps on both Pharaoh and Cliffhanger I decided to go back over to the west side. On the way over I noticed there was some nice snow on Honeymoon Lane. I made my way up and hit Margies which was where best snow was. Margies was ungroomed (small bumps) with SWEET man made powder...easily the best trail on the Mt. tonight. I lapped the Sullivan for the rest of the night to ski Margies and also made a run down Big Pocono which was also better than the rest of the Mt.

Overall not a bad night despite some icy spots. I didn't mind it too much and that will likely be better by tomorrow. Kudos to Camelback for still blowing snow and a pretty deep base. They'll probably go well into April.

Edited by PA Ridge Racer

Nice report!!! I'll likely hit Camelback a few times when Blue closes. Props to Camelback for still blowing snow!!!!..it looks like lower 20s tonight. Was the fresh manmade sticky and slow??

It was a little sticky up top but on the actual headwall it was cut up man made powder...good stuff.

I was there this morning. They blew a ton of snow thurs. and fri. nights, but did not groom. By 9:30 the conditions were pretty beat even though the place was pretty empty. It was still worth it for the free pass. Thanks CB MGT for the great marketing idea. Getting the pass only took a minute and once they have your info it will be even quicker next time.

nice..what was the drive time: snow time ratio for you??? The fact that you're driving up from the beach is hard to the core!!!

Drove 3 hours, rode for 3 hours, drove for 3 hours. Not really worth it, but I wanted to get one more day in this year and meet my goal. I was kicking around the Stowe trip, until I realized it's 468 miles from my house.

Skiing Stowe for three days is worth the drive. Have you ever skied at Stowe? It's always worth it..and now you still have the rest of the day..

I've never been to stowe, only Killington, Sugarbush and Pico in VT. If I came up I would leave from work on Thurs at 12:50 and ski Fri. and Sat. Then leave early Sunday morning and drive to my inlaws in Bucks County.

Drove 3 hours, rode for 3 hours, drove for 3 hours. Not really worth it, but I wanted to get one more day in this year and meet my goal. I was kicking around the Stowe trip, until I realized it's 468 miles from my house.

The 468 is worth it if you stay 3 days or so. By the way my hat goes off to you for having 22 days in and living so far away. That's pretty awesome.

The 468 is worth it if you stay 3 days or so. By the way my hat goes off to you for having 22 days in and living so far away. That's pretty awesome.

Thanks...we rented a place near BB from 12/26-2/1, so most of my days came from being up there on long weekends. I did 2 day trips before that and 2 day trips after that.